Digestive enzymes

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by seiken steve, Jan 30, 2014.

1. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Any one use them? Or hot any experience?

As my total kcals and protein creep higher I feel like I'm carrying a baby round most days, it's not ideal, last couple of days I've had some brutal wind too.

I've never had digestion issues before and always managed just fine, last couple days I've feel like I'm not using my food, I can't really explain it lol, woke up this morning and still feel full from my pre bed shake/snack.

2. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Hi Steve
    Try a basic Bromelain complex (morning and night) for breaking down the extra protein.

Also try the old school trick of eating saurkraut (the fermented enzymes really help your digestion etc).

Also some basic Acidophilus for better gut health.

And of course there's always the cheapy option.

Which is 1 teaspoon of heaped powdered ginger every 2 hours or so for a few days. And then lower that to once in the am and once pm.

Good Luck Windy

3. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I use the bolded, plain yogurt also helps me. When I'm really eating a lot I make sure to take 2-3 gulps of water per bite of food if it's anything but veggies whenever I eat to help speed the process as well.

4. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

most digestive enzymes dont get to far in the digestive tract (past the stomach) apart from those suited to acid that are delivered in an acidic medium (AKA bromelain from pineapples)

5. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Your avatar pic. looks totally different to me now since you posted this thread. You now look like you're sitting on the john, waiting for your food to hurry up and digest so you can pass it and you look quite disappointed that it isn't happening very quickly.