Differences in ITF

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by LewisHolder, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I stopped following the thread but man those are some great jeans.

2. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

No, he hasn't been posting as much since he injured himself tricking, poor guy. I miss his special brand of colonialism.

Responses like that to perfectly reasonable questions just aren't going to get you any respect. Instead it comes across more like you're being snipey to avoid the question.

3. itf-taekwondo

itf-taekwondo Banned Banned

I won't answer someone you labels me clueless and refuses to answer me after I answered him, which was the case in the previous thread. Completely disrespectful.

With regards to the roundhouse:

The WTF roundhouse kick has several variations to be more effective. Why raise your knee straight up and turn all the way over when you can cut your distance and time by going diagonal. The kick has less power this way, but it hits your opponent much quicker.

4. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Lies, he cowers in front of the new empire.

[​IMG]

5. itf-taekwondo

More qouting:

The powerful sidekick became ineffective in an Olympic style competition. Punching… well, that’s just plain frustrating to a lot of people

I am not joking.

6. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Okay, so not you have an understanding of the kick, what type of kick does Andy throw?

It's fine if you don't know and my video proves that if it lands it doesn't matter how it's thrown or from what style.

7. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

They're following the rules? Using what works. It's why winners win

8. itf-taekwondo

Well whatever. It's for those people in here claiming WTF is very similiar

I think both qoutes put an end to that.:)

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Every kick in every art has several variations. That's the nature of kicking (or functional kicking anyway).
    When I did TAGB TKD I learnt the karate-esque turning kick (ball of the foot, leg coming round parallel to the floor), front kick chamber style where the lower leg pops over, diagonal style for speed, etc.
    Guess what...Thai boxers have exactly the same variation.
    Karate guys use the same variation too.

10. itf-taekwondo

It never crossed your mind that he wrote: the WTF roundhouse kick has several variations. Instead of the ITF/WTF roundhouse kick...... and you call it the same art.

11. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

I disagree. Landing is OK, but landing with power relates to how a kick is executed and the amount of power matters.

12. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

#s 616 and 624 are best posts of the thread.

13. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Who are you quoting? Who's the writer? That'll give it some context.

And I never said the arts were the same.
    I said that you can group TKD and lots of styles of karate in a similar group (poorly transmitted okinawan inspired martial arts) and some differences can be considered trivial compared to the differences with other arts (some arts don't even have kicks let alone kicks that are very similar!).

14. itf-taekwondo

http://www.moosin.com/2014/03/itf-vs-wtf/

Someone who lived in both worlds and trys to argue the benefits of full contact sparring. The reality is that WTF is a game of tag and rarely full force blows. His comparison to boxing is so tragic that I am at a loss of words.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  15. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I think that this comparison of arts is getting tiring.

Some arts make heavy contact, some don't.

Some use weapons, some don't.

Some people train for fun and social reasons, some prefer to train for the ring and others for self defence.

Ultimately you should enjoy your training, worry less about others and progress where you can.

This has been a public information broadcast by the MOD Team. :D

Thread closed pending discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.