Differences in ITF

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by LewisHolder, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

If I'd posted the entire video there are lots of shin kicks and a darned site more kicks to the shin.

Is the kick in the video from ITF, WTF, another Korean art or none of those?

2. itf-taekwondo

itf-taekwondo Banned Banned

I am not going to play games with you.

3. Simon

I'm not playing games.

The point is without the luxury of a title it's hard to tell what style the kick comes from and as PASmith said, "there are stylistic overlaps".

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Tranlsation: I have been called out on my crap and am now cornered and cannot do what I claimed

Evasion not only noted they have bells and sirens ringing

5. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

Seen lots of board breaking demos. Except for the occasional freak of nature breaking baseball bats at a very low height roundhose / turng kicks mostly seem to be done with the ball of the foot. There was one freak of nature who broke 5 standard 1x12 #2 pine with the instep.

6. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Guessing there's a language breakdown between shin & instep?

7. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

On the subject of van zandt I feel he may be avoiding this thread on purpose.

As was said many, many pages ago there are tiny differences if you really want to find them but what's the point ? There will likely be greater variation between individuals than between styles when you look at performing basicaly the same technique.

8. itf-taekwondo

Could be. I am referring to Muay Thai style...

9. Simon

Do you see elements of Muay Thai in Andy's kick, or do you see it as more influenced by Korean arts?

10. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Easy there, tough guy. Simon's making a point. How about you take some measure to demonstrate that you're not simply agenda trolling.

11. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

Not if you are referring to my post.

Instep may also be referred to as the top of the foot between the toes and ankle. . (As oppposed to the arch part )

When sparring with foot gear on this is probably the most commonly used contact surface for the "Roundhouse" kick, although Bill wallace uses the tip of the Boot (Part covering the toes) to bypass a guard.

Shin is the lower front portion of the leg ending at the foot.

See

http://img.webmd.com/dtmcms/live/webmd/consumer_assets/site_images/media/medical/hw/h9991306_001.jpg

12. itf-taekwondo

I think it was the instep my master claimed could realistically break my foot if I were to implement the kicks in reality. He didn't actually point to which part of the foot, but I know how I kicked

13. itf-taekwondo

"Sorry, I'm not playing games with someone who hasn't got a clue".

Guess who wrote that?

14. Hannibal

You made a claim and were given a chance to show it has veracity - you have failed miserably and threw a tantrum instead

way to represent

15. Simon

I did, but you've only isolated one part of the quote, which was written in response to your complete avoidance of a fair question.

You tried to turn the tables on me and it failed.

I didn't post my video to catch you out, but to make a point.

I have another video ready to go if you want to take a shot at that.

16. Hannibal

If that's too hard try this "Spot the difference" to ease you into it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  17. itf-taekwondo

18. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

And all this while, one would think the difference of ITF and WTF is the "I" or "W" :rolleyes::evil:

19. TKDDragon

TKDDragon Valued Member

Do you have an example of the wtf roundhouse your referring to? I suspect it maybe a different sparring oriented kick designed for speed

20. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Wasn't you but thanks for the clarification x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.