Difference in fit between Fairtex, Twins and Sandee gloves

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Sandy, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Sandy

Sandy Valued Member

Hi all,

Do you know if there is a difference in fit between Fairtex, Twins and Sandee gloves? I read that Twins were snugger and Fairtex looser. Is this true?

Also, does anyone have experience of buying on-line from here?
    www.muaythai-fighting.com/index.html?currency=GBP
    The pricing looked cheaper than elsewhere, so I wondered if it was legit. (Do people sell fake Fairtex?)

Cheers :)

2. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

People have different hand sizes and shapes but in general i would say that Twins and Sandee gloves are more of a snug fit than Faitex. I used to hate my Fairtex gloves, i could not get rid of a niggling hand injury and i am sure it was down to the glove. Now I use 14 oz Sandee gloves for pad and bag, and 16 oz twins for sparring, and may hand hasn troubled me at all. Quality wise they are all on a par.

Site above looks like one of the numerous sites in thailand, cheap prices, expensive shipping, u may get stung on duty when it hits UK shores u my not. Good luck sending it back if there is something wrong with them.

3. Yakthai

Yakthai New Member

TOP KING Air Boxing Gloves

I have 1 choice for you selection. I recommend TOP KING Air Boxing Gloves. TOP KING Air Gloves have many mesh on front hand that help the gloves dry faster. and it have new designed on closure end curved gloves for injured wrist protection. In case shipping cost expensive when you buy item from Thailand, I think some seller use trick by reduce selling prices and plus in shipping cost. I offer you consider totol prices before decision to buy. If total prices cheaper than you buy item at your store local. I think you should buy item on this store online. If you have any question and want to more information of TOP KING Air Boxing Gloves. Please visit my homepage on my profile.

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I guess I don't really see all the fuss. I use a wide variety of gloves and pretty much have never had any problems. If you are wrapping properly the glove shouldn't make that much of a difference. What's more if you are punching properly... you should be fine.

In my opinion people spend far too much time obsessing about gloves and gear when they should be training. Seriously.

5. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

I agree 100% Slip.

Having said that if you dont want smelly gloves the TOP KING Air Boxing Gloves Yakthai mentions in the post above are great.:)

6. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

I'm old school, hate my gloves smelling of anything other than my own rank sweat lol

7. Sandy

Sandy Valued Member

All the fuss ...

Adsy, many thanks for the advice about Twins and Sandee being more of a snug fit.

Does anyone know any shops in central London that sell gloves? Come to think of it, in this web-based world, are there any martial arts shops left on the UK high street?

True. But when you're not training, some people daydream about gear :p

... hence all the fuss about glove choice. I've been using cheap gloves until now and been troubled by similar niggles. Before you ask, hand wraps obviously help, but cheap gloves still feel cheap. I want to a quality feel when I slip my (wrapped) hand into glove :D

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

hahaha... fair play.:D

9. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

LOL yeah Adsy I understand that one,if we ever stop training in Muay Thai theres 3 things we would miss.1) Thai Music,2) smell of thai oil,3)The smell or stink of your own gloves,moral is NEVER GIVE UP!.;)

10. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I've used Fairtex, Everlast, generic random makes and I currently use Twins, from 12oz to 16oz, and fit wise they didn't make any difference to me.

Personally, Twins and Fairtex are arguably better made with Twins perhaps being a bit more flashy when it comes to print or styles... :D