Diet that Builds Chi

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by United We Fall, Jun 8, 2007.

1. airweaver

airweaver Valued Member

Once again I'll reiterate..

Raw =/= vegan. You can be raw and still eat cheese you know.

Also, I dont think there is much more of an balance in nutrient intake from raw eaters from people who eat processed junk all day every day. Ergo snuffing the b12 argument. There are B12 suppliments.

Also, two of the worlds biggest problems are violence and pollution, both of which can be sourced back to not eating a whole, raw diet. Ill explain.

POLLUTION... 90% of rubbish on landfills is plastic food wrappers which cannot biodegrade. So they sit on landfills (one in the atlantic the size of texas) until theyre burned, polluting the atmosphere.

Not only that, but the factories packaging these foods produce there own pollution, and god knows how many food processing plants every major city has.

With raw, all food would be given back to the earth. No landfills, no food-factory pollution.. and ideally no meat trade. The combined fear of livestock in factory farms would not oscillate into the ethersphere, and thus not taint nearby human settlements with negativity. (read masaru emoto's work for info on thought being a physical presence, albeit a subtle one)

VIOLENCE... A person will 90% of the time only exhibit antisocial behavior when theyre frustrated with themselfs, namely.. tension in the mind/body.
    Its a fact that junk food clogs up the arteries and tissue... these are the physical foundations for tension in the energy body. So replace poor blockage forming food with conscious, intelligent flow-supporting food and a persons blockages will slowly begin to dissipate, leaving them with a greater feeling of well being, and less likely to attack others either physically or socially.

In a nutshell a person in good physical/mental health will seldom impinge on anothers free will in a deliberate, intent to harm way.

discuss.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

This has fast become the full of crap thread and it was never that much to start with.

3. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Then stop posting crap :p

im kidding dont hurt me.

could i see some evidence that 90% of waste is plastic food packing?
    and the same for 90% of people are violent because of tension?

I do sanchin every day thats a lot of tension :eek:

Also im interested to hear what a daily diet looks like for you with your hippy diet? Could you post up what you had yesterday or something?

4. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Sure, but from your earlier post:

This is a vegan diet, raw or not. If you add cheese it becomes lactovegetarian. In which case it is not a plant based diet anymore.

....aaaaand we're back to your polar opposite belief that you either eat a crappy modern diet or a raw food one! I even gave you an outline of my current diet to show you that there are other alternatives. You're using the SAD as your straw man argument, your evidence for your own diet is that the SAD diet isn't good.

Most processed foods are fortified with B Vitamins anyway for this exact reason, it fills a nutritional gap they're aware of. How many times have you seen a packed of cereal fortified with vitamins and minerals? It doesn't in anyway 'snuff' the b12 argument, especially when you then proceed to maintain that you can fill the gap with supplements. If it was the perfect diet for us you wouldn't need to supplement from external sources.

I assume your raw food diet is also locally sourced, seasonal and your B12 supplements are produced locally without a plastic container? I also hope your only eating perennial plants and not touching any top soil depleting monoculture crops fed with artificial fertilizers from oil? If so I commend you but I find it extremely unlikely and impossible for the current population of the earth. While I'm at it I hope you poop in the woods, otherwise you're not returning the nutrients to the earth and you're certainly not keeping your end of the biological agreement you take when you eat fruit to spread the seeds of the plant.

Not all plastic waste comes from food packaging, for example the computer you're typing on probably produced a fair bit of waste both in manufacture and when they delivered it. Was that waste responsibly disposed of?

The problem of waste production goes way, way, way beyond the issues of food choices. It's up to manufacturers and more importantly consumers to make a stand on the issue. If I buy my food locally, in paper containers I'm doing far more than if I'm eating soy flown from a crop in South America that used to be rainforest. (I really am happy to argue environmental issues with you far ages, I used to being a green campaigner professionally so I've really read up on this a lot!)

Ah yes, junk food is bad so raw food must be good because it's the only other alternative. See what you did there? Again?

Junk food is highly processed, it's tasty to us because it is so easily digested and provides macronutrients which are hard to find naturally. These aspects also play havoc with hormone levels, spiking insulin and other bits and ultimately leading to the bad health you describe. These effects are hugely decreased in a number of diets, the most effective of which is a low carb approach using whole food sources. That's a high fat, medium protein and low carb diet. It's also not possible through a vegetable diet and tricky if you're excluding meat. This also excludes the issue of hormonal imbalance, one that is a real cause of the inability to control anger in a lot of people. Of course, claiming that it is the only cause is insane, anti-social behaviour is caused by a number of things. If your partner is assaulted in front of you then no amount of dietary regulation would stop an angry reaction.

Hormonal balance is key really, since too few hormones, as often seen when saturated fats are minimised in a diet can cause just as imbalanced a reaction as too much processed food in your diet.

Blockage forming food? Which ones are those then? What kind of blockages are you talking about? You're using a lot of vague language to support your argument without at any point offering anything useful like evidence. The best you've managed so far are some youtube clips from biased sources and a lifestyle coach who believes that he can prove his methods because he wrote 6,000 goals down and some have come true.

What is 'a greater feeling of wellbeing' exactly? Is this quantative? Can you accurately measure your own feelings in comparison with another human being? Can you even dissociate it from a feeling of superiority that many diet advocates get when preaching about their success at sticking to their own diet?

5. Moi

I'll take a stab at this one.

Breakfast

Hunny nut loops with soy milk

Lunch

KFC chicken burger with raw lettuce

Dinner

Nuts, berries and a turnip

Supper

KFC (he gets hungry around this time

6. Gary

You forgot to mention it was raw KFC, untouched since it was bought.

7. Moi

It's only raw in the middle. That's how they tend to serve it around here anyway:rolleyes:

8. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

That make donner kababs and road side van beef burgers good chi building foods?

Its taken 8 pages but the OPs questions are finally concluded! :)

9. Moi

Steak tartare & sushi For the more refined palate. Glad that's cleared that up!

10. airweaver

airweaver Valued Member

lol several threads focused on childish insults. My work is done here. Peace be with you my brothers.

11. Moi

Don't forget to shut the door on your way out

12. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Ah yes, you prefer threads based on pseudo science and mystical powers.

13. Moi

Bet he does a Chinese martial art

14. Gary

I don't see any insults here, as a GM if I did think there was a personal attack against any member of MAP I would have taken action. What has happened is that you weren't taken as seriously as you expected and you took insult from that.

IIRC you have however in the past been cautioned for personal attacks on this forum against other members, before you sit on your high horse deciding that this somehow proves your case.

15. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Your work here hasn't even begun. You could start by responding to the many points that have been bought up to counter your assertions. For example, you've completely ignored my counterpoint about the questionable validity of Kirlian photography when I showed a picture of an apparently highly nutritious door key.

As for insults, there's been a little light ribbing, but nothing even approaching breach of ToS or even disruptive to good debate. We've even passed up golden opportunities like this:

"The combined fear of livestock in factory farms would not oscillate into the ethersphere, and thus not taint nearby human settlements with negativity. (read masaru emoto's work for info on thought being a physical presence, albeit a subtle one)"

and this:

"Friend, do not be frustrated."

The latter one specifically has the potential to become a hilarious new MAP meme all by itself.

16. airweaver

airweaver Valued Member

ultimately, we are all dead men.

Its what we do in life that counts. question the source of your frustration, for it not be with me.

David wolfe on superfoods...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZZAGoA_fis"]YouTube- David Wolfe on SuperFoods[/ame]

17. Gary

I've got to admire your tenacity, both in ignoring responses and re-iterating the same points.

Are you getting all these superfoods locally? The environmental impact of them is huge and the health benefits are minimal.

These are usually based on the ORAC value so packed full of antioxidants. However, too many antioxidants can be a bad thing. When an antioxidant gives up an electron to a free radical, it itself becomes a proradical. Vitamin C for example becomes Vitamin C radical, this in turn could be turned back to Vitamin C by glutathione, which would become glutathione radical, which in turn could be turned back by lipoic acid. Antioxidants do not work individually.

The problem with this solution of advising people to choose a high ORAC antioxidant is that it concentrates on particular antioxidants and will lead to a build up of proradicals, the exact opposite of what you're trying to achieve. The key again is balance not focusing on a few particulars. Concentrate on one thing too much and it throws your body out of sync because it is not a natural way to get your nutrients. How much phytoplankton do you think we evolved to eat over the millions of years of evolution before supplements?

A better solution to all this is simple and exactly what most healthy people do. Get your antioxidants from as wide a range of sources as possible and preferably from whole food sources instead of supplements or juice. That way you get plenty of variety in your diet and stock up on all the other vitamins, minerals and other goodies you get with a diet high in fruit, veg and animal products.

18. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I think people that avoid facts so they can keep spouting their opinions frustrates everyone, personally.

EDIT: I was nice and removed the insult. Trying to save the mods some work.

19. Moi

Nah, I'm a little horny but my sons here so it'll have to wait

20. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Friend, do not be frustrated . . .