Did you miss me?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Anth, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Alreet folks,

It looks like I haven't been missed, my demotion being due to inactivity - it looks like Saz and Aegis have finally decided to drop the inactive admins. For those who are wondering where I went, here's a brief explaination.

We all know that when you put everything into something for so long you will eventually burn out. I hit that point in pretty spectacular fashion and had to walk away from the internet in general but MAP in particular. I joined MAP back in 2003 and think the longest I've been away is a few weeks in all that time and since I was effectively "acting Admin" back when I was Global Mod I've probably had zero days off. I was starting to get fed up of spouting the same nonsense about things that I was doubting myself too. That all got to me and I knew that if I didn't take a break I'd end up quitting this place entirely.

Since the "burn out" I've been chilling and getting MAP out of my veins but I'm slowly getting back into the mindset as various plans start rattling around my head (nothing on the tech front yet). I haven't got a timetable for getting back to my MAP best but for now I'll be looking around, reading up and getting to know people again.

Lets see how things go :)

Anth.

*Wonders if the server has been upgraded yet?*

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Good news Anth, and if you read previous posts you will see that there were some concerns, as you could not be contacted.

Good to have you back, even if for now it is just lurking.

3. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Welcome back :)

Looks like all that aikido helped then, eh?

4. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Now I have a car (scary as it may be) I can get to more than one aiki class a week so after Easter (oooooh 3 days of aikido!) I might be ramping it up to potentially 3 aiki nights a week in addition to two nights of karate. Should be easier now that I've finally worked out how to roll. Its only taken 8 months... :p

5. rivend

rivend Valued Member

Dont know you but glad to meet you. Good to see you back from where ever you were.

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Nice to see you back Anth :)

Mitch

7. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Good to have you back

Smurf

8. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Good to see you back dude.

9. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I know people who can't roll after a few years of practice never mind 8 months. It's a confidence thing ... mostly.

10. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Confidence and over thinking - I was getting ready to roll and freezing, the other night I was waiting for uke to get patched up and I just rolled without thinking about it for 5 minutes before. Should be no stopping me now - I know at least half of the 3rd kyu syllabus and part of the 2nd :p

11. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I think it's a good rule of thumb never to think about anything that might hurt. ;)

12. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

It could have been down to knowing I was seeing a physiotherapist the next day anyway so I knew I wouldn't be in pain long if I did mess it up and land on my neck again :p

13. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Welcome back, Anth :)

14. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Does you good to have a break. Good to see you back

How's Galaxy?

15. old palden

old palden Valued Member

Self awareness is a good thing, hope the time off provided relief and fresh perspective.

16. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Welcome back Anth!

17. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

I know how it feels to take a break from something, no matter what it is. Sometimes that's the best thing to do.

Great to have you back. I enjoyed your posts on numerous occusions :)

18. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

I hear you were training in aikido. If I can be of any help......

Welcome back.

19. Patrick Smith

Patrick Smith Tustom Cuser Uitle

Welcome back, Anth! You were missed! :)

20. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Only 4 days left of suffering from Galaxy radio and the same 20 noises. I only put up with it because the dole wont pay for the petrol to get to a course they're sending me on :woo:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.