Dick Turpin. Deposits Stolen!

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by irwn, Jul 4, 2011.

1. irwn

irwn New Member

After training martial arts for some 30 years I had the unfortunate opportunity to meet and slightly get involved with a person that we shall refer to as "Dick Turpin" and claims to teach Filipino Martial Arts in the Newcastle area?
    I hosted a seminar in Doncaster at A.C.M.A.C deposits where collected by Turpin from some of his own friends and supposably sent to me by registered post?? I never received them!
    Two days prior to the seminar Mr Turpin told his friends that the seminar had been cancelled, by me and I refused to return the deposits.
    The seminar went ahead and I posted a group photo on face book.
    I was wondering if anyone else had encountered such despicable behaviour from the notorious Dick Turpin?

2. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Oh yes indeed in the reverse order where some of my guys sent deposits to train at a seminar organised by him. He changed the line up at the end and my guys wanted their deposits back because the seminar was not now what they where paying for and guess what he was refusing to pay back their deposits because the so called seminar was still supposedly going ahead but with a different line up which they where not interested in.

The amount of BS he came out with in order not to pay them back was laughable. In the end it took one of my guys to start legal proceedings against him before this Turpin guy decided to cough up and even then it was like pulling teeth.

Let's just say he tried to WHIP up a hornets nest that got my people CRACKING.

I'll search for the link on here later when I get the chance.

But lets just say he has tried this on more than one occasion with a few people. And is only interested in how much money he can milk. He even tried to threaten guys that had left him with taking away their ranks because they had not continued to pay him in time and.... Yep you guessed it .... Money.

Best regards

Pat.

3. irwn

irwn New Member

Oh! I forgot to mention, this was the second time that Turpin said he sent the deposits, and yes, he robbed his friends TWICE for the same seminar.

4. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

This is easily verified via the royal mail who supply a tracking number for registered post.

5. irwn

irwn New Member

Mods - in the interests of forum harmony please remove this thread. Thankyou.