Diapers?

Discussion in 'Disabled Martial Artists' started by mewtwo55555, Feb 19, 2008.

1. mewtwo55555

mewtwo55555 Valued Member

I am writing a story and one of the people in it wears diapers I was wondering if this would hinder his martial arts traingin he does tai chi, bagua zhang and xingyi quan? thanks

2. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

What?

Are you talking about a baby or someone with a bladder problem?

3. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Could be painful if the safety pin sticks into him, then again the diaper could soften any blows to the nether regions.

4. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Nope. In Taiji, it may even help.

In learning to move in Taiji, my old teacher sometimes used to say "imagine wearing a diaper/nappy, thats how you move in taiji!".

Takes a bit of understanding, but as I'm getting it, I can see it's a fairly accurate discription.

As for Bagua and Hsing I: Bagua, it may hinder, and Hsing I, I doubt it will make much of a difference.

Good luck with the story. Post it here once it's done!

BT

5. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Okay I've stopped laughing now.

Having to wear diapers is not a disability. Why is it in this forum?

Dead_pool likes this.
  6. mewtwo55555

mewtwo55555 Valued Member

7. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Hi Mewtwo,
    What is your motivation behind writing this story?

BT

8. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Sounds kinda stupid.

9. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

You guys might want to ease up before being so judgmental. While it might be natural to respond with a chuckle or two... I've no doubt there are any number of conditions people suffer from that could leave them having to wear adult diapers.... the majority of them having nothing to do with weird sexual fetishes - but actual life quality impairing and debilitating conditions.

After all this is posted in the Disabled Martial Artist forum... so cut the guy some slack and find out what the deal it before slamming him. ;)

if it does then turn out that it's about a person with a diaper fetish... I'll be the first to jump in and hand out a royal flame roasting!!!! :p

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  10. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Like I said, it's kinda stupid.

If it's his fetish, then not only is it stupid, but damn disgusting as well.

11. slipthejab

Why would someone's disability be stupid or someones condition that is a result of a disability? :confused:

You realize what your saying doesn't make any sense. It's flippant and comes off as cavalier but really you have to consider what and who's being written about.
    :rolleyes:

It's like calling someones cast on their broken leg stupid. Or someones crutches or wheelchair stupid.

12. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

No, a bladder problem is not a disability.

Don't compare a broken leg/crutches to wearing diapers slip.

Totally different.

13. slipthejab

Sigh. Korpy...

If someone has incontinence as a result of having a disability or an injury then that would make them - an adult - having to wear a diaper - in a compromised position to that of a normal healthy person. Thus a disability.

It's not like healthy people walk around wearing diapers. Of course they don't. The reason people wear diapers as adults come down to two things... incontinence or fetish.

So yes it's comparable to a crutch or a cast in that the crutch or the cast isn't the cause of a disability it's the result - much like diaper is the result of being incontinent.

Read up on and then you might understand why this is in this forum and why it's valid in terms of context. :rolleyes:

In fact in many states it's considered a disability on medical grounds and for insurance purposes. So you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Watch here:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ndyPQGpgLA"]The Silent Disability: Urinary Incontinence - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  14. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Whatever slip, it's an opinion.

And mine is that it is stupid.

Deal with it.

15. slipthejab

Well that's exactly my point.
    Your opinion is severely misinformed and not based on the facts.
    I've just pointed exactly why it's wrong and what the facts are.

You can call the moon cheese... but that doesn't make it so...
    it appears you uniformed opinion has been dealt with. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  16. righty

righty Valued Member

I'm sure that if you ever have to wear them yourself you will have the same opinion. Have a little bit of consideration for the people who have little choice but to wear them.

Why don't you go out to all the mothers out there and tell them that one of the natural side effects of child birth is 'stupid'. Good luck. Or how about all the nursing homes and hospital wards.

Sure it's an opinion, but one based on well...nothing. Unless you have any reasoning behind it an opinion can just be, to put it simply...stupid. Because to me here reading what you have written, it seems you woke up one day and decided to make fun of disabled people.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  17. ember

ember Valued Member

Well, three: inaccessibility to a bathroom... although a healthy person is more likely to try holding it until they can get to one, rather than actually use the diaper.

18. slipthejab

There was that astronaut woman caught in that love triangle who wore diapers cross country to kidnap her lovers other lover... so she wouldn't have to stop while she was driving. lol...

but seriously... I doubt any adults who don't have to are wearing diapers... well at least in the non-fetish set.

19. ember

ember Valued Member