Describe this please...

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Mr.88, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Mr.88

Mr.88 New Member

Anyhow this Bruce Lee Ab work out keeps springing up so i thought i would give it a try (no i am not interested in the cosmetic appeal i want stomach strength for fighting):

Waist twists - four sets of 90 repetitions.
    Sit-up twists - four sets of 20 repetitions.
    Leg raises - four sets of 20 repetitions.
    Leaning twists - four sets of 50 repetitions.
    Frog kicks - four sets of 50 repetitions.

But I can't find descriptions on how to do each exercise anywhere so if people could tell me how to do them it would be much appreciated. Some sound pretty self explanitory but usually there are certain ways you have to do them. Any help please

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Why would you want to follow a routine that someone did over 30 years ago? A person who put himself in hospital for 6 months by exercising wrong.

Things have moved on a little.

3. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Yeah, I'd go to www.trainforstrength.com instead.

That site has good body weight excercises, and descriptions with pictures on how to do them.

PL

4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Blummin heck! I never knew that! :eek:

Must have been serious if he was in for 6 months!!!!

5. Mr.88

Mr.88 New Member

But it wasn't for Ab training it was for a barbell exercise called good mornings and he injured his back.

6. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

The fact remains that he injured himself because he did an excercise wrong.

PL

7. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

I heard he did cocaine too...does anyone know if this substantiated or not?

8. cybermonk

cybermonk New Member

Many things have been said about Bruce Lee, from using anabolic steroids to doing cocaine to smoking marijuana, unfortunately not much has been proven.

9. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

10. Mr.88

Mr.88 New Member

11. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Personally, I don't know how he died. But I do know this: Bruce Lee's principal legacy to the martial arts was self-critical thinking. If he knew that people considered his routines as set things to be copied and emulated, he'd probably tear his hear out with grief. Wise up and read some of the MANY ab training threads here.
    And this matters WHY? The point is that he is not the last word when it comes to physical exercise.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2004
  12. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Yeah, he found what was right for him. That was his entire philosophy. It's not certain that it will also work for you.

PL

13. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

*GASP!!!

Knight_Errant is excellent well balanced constructive post shocker! :eek:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2004
  14. Adam

Adam New Member

Wasn't doing "good mornings" what put Brucie in the hospital from a back injury?

15. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Yes, but this bears no relevance to the fact that sports science has developed a LOT since his day.
    Try this on for size:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/siff1.htm
    Oh, and I don't want any of your usual rubbish about hundreds of situps being 'manly', either.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2004