Dennis Alexio

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Korpy, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

After talk to Ikken last night, he told me that the guy who played Eric Slone in Kickboxer, was actually a real life American Kickboxing champ.

I've searched the internet and can't find anything, except a breif bio from IMDB.
    Does anyone know his career record and other important info?

Thanks. :cool:

2. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

There is a big poster promoting his fight with Stan "the man" Longidinis (sp) which puts his record at 50-1 i think. That fight pretty much ended Alexios career though, because Stan broke his leg in the first round (Although Alexio claims it was a hole in the ring, but I find that unlikely)

He was definitely no slouch though. he knocked out a lot of people and was a sparring partner for Mike Tyson. Nowadays hes something of a recluse in Hawaii. Stan on the other hand is now the coach of Mike Zambidis, the most powerful puncher in k-1 max and pound for pound is probably the hardest hitter on the planet.

3. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thanks.

Sounds like he was hell of a Kickboxer.

50 and 1 that's skill right there.

Even if his career ended like that, he sounded great.

And that's cool he was a sparring partner for Mike Tyson.

:cool:

4. kickboxingidiot

kickboxingidiot Valued Member

Hi career never ended afetr the leg break
    he came back form that defeat but would never fight with leg kicks again it was strictly waist up after that.

He also lost to don wilson by decision.

He destroyed Ricky Nickelson, Barrington Patterson and Stuart Green (all from UK)

That leg break spoiled his chance of ever doing K-1

HEs not a recluse, hes reitred! Retired does not = dead!

He was still fighting at 42!

5. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

That would have been cool to see him do K-1.

But it sounds like he had a great career.

6. Jawo2005

Jawo2005 New Member

7. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

its more that i find it pretty unlikely that he broke his LEG by stepping into a hole. I mean... thats a pretty extreme result for stepping into a hole. then again the video I saw wasnt particularly high quality.

8. Jawo2005

Jawo2005 New Member

Yeah, it was in the analog days. I just remember seeing Alexio moving around in that dumb looking grass skirt, step in the hole and his body just seemed to cringe in pain. They had this graphic circled around his lower leg and tried to zoom in. Admittedly the film was really grainy at this point.

9. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

He actually claimed he got caught on loose canvas in the ring and said that was what cuased it. I saw that fight(think I have it on tape but not sure) and he did stumble abit just before taking the kick. It was probably the kick that did it but no way to know for sure.

10. Jester

Jester I elbow, therefore I am.

I'm no expert on his career due to the fact that I've only seen him fight a few times. Honestly I wouldn't call him a kickboxer. He averaged like 3 or 4 kicks a round. And I think he only threw that many because they had a rule or something that he had to. He was still a great fighter though, I can't deny him that. His mainstay move were these body shots that rocked the other guys hard. The annoucers loved to say that he would get inside and begin digging for oil! Heh guess you can't argue his results though. Guy won alot!!

11. Kiborg

Kiborg Valued Member

Alexio's final career record was 70-1 65 KOs. 70-2 if you count the Longinidis fight in 1992. He held PKA, PKC, KICK, ISKA, FFKA, and IKF world titles in 3 different weight divisions. Also was a pro boxer.

He had a ton of fights after his leg was broken, mostly in Hawaii but had a couple in California and one in Canada. His last fight was against Gordon Minors in 1999. After the break he never fought leg kicks ever again. I think there was a plate or rod placed in his leg.

He was never a sparring partner for Mike Tyson. He wanted to fight him in a boxer vs Kickboxer fight years ago, but they were never sparring partners.

12. John Bishop

John Bishop Valued Member

He was probably the best heavyweight kickboxer ever. Extremely powerful, 65 knockouts out of 72 fights. 70 wins of 72 fights. One of those losses was to Don "the Dragon" Wilson.
    Alexio grew up in Vacaville, Ca., and was a Kajukenbo student under Eugene Rey.

13. cc.nyc

cc.nyc Valued Member

I saw Alexio fight in Honolulu in the mid 1990's. His opponent was South American -- I think his name was Bruno.

Alexio broke the guy's upper arm with a round kick in the first round -- we could hear the break even up in the cheap seats.

After the fight, Alexio took the announcer's mic and apologized to the audience, saying "I know you came to see a good fight. I'm very sorry this happened and you didn't get what you paid for."

He was a class act.

14. Kiborg

Kiborg Valued Member

Was the South American's name Sergio Batarelli ?

15. cc.nyc

cc.nyc Valued Member

I don't think so, but I'm not positive. Sorry.

16. Kiborg

Kiborg Valued Member

I just checked - it was Batarelli.