Demonstrations, any good ideas?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by DeterminedDonut, Dec 4, 2007.

1. DeterminedDonut

DeterminedDonut New Member

Recently I was aproached with the oppertunity to put together a demo for our club. Now I have been in them before but this is the first time I actually get to put one together. I was hoping to make a good impression, so I was wondering If anyone has anything they do for thier demonstrations.

One thing we did last time I liked was give little kids in the audience all the boards we broke. That was the happiest I had seen kids get over an old piece of wood.

anyways any suggestions would be great. :D

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  2. disabledhero

disabledhero jab jab elbow jab knee

huge sparring session the let me come and call forth 100 man kumite

3. Juego Todo

Juego Todo Stay thirsty, my friends.

Have one karateka perform a kata, something with various techniques at various angles, not so much repetitive movements in different techniques. A black belt kata would be best.

The difference is that you could have attackers come in as required, kind of like a gang attack on an individual. That way, you could demonstrate the meaning and usefulness of the techniques to your audience.

Have the main karateka pretend he/she is walking, minding his/her business, until he/she is confronted by a group of thugs. You get the picture :)