Defective Right Lower Back

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by TheCount, Nov 24, 2007.

1. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Heres' my issue which I think has been in developemet for a while yet. The left hand side of my lower back is much much more developed than the right, due to the nature of activities I do being left side intensive (Cricket Batting, Archery). How can I train the right hand side - I know it can't be fully isolated, but is there any way I can work out the inbalance?

2. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

How noticable is it? Do you have strength differences? Do you do unilateral work?

3. millasur

millasur New Member

one leg / suitcase style deadlifts! also I've have major imbalances as you mention, and one of the best things I started doing was one leg squats on the weak side - I only started doing them a few weeks ago, and even just say 5 sets of 8 reps, with no weight, and I can alraedy feel the improvement....

4. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

That sounds like an idea.
    The left is about 2/3 times as developed as the right which yeh, I don't much like the idea of. I suspect it might help me with my stability for archery if I even it out.

I'll try the one leg squat thing - interestingly they are part of my physio program :D

5. millasur

millasur New Member

easy,

hows the training going?! Just saying I've been keeping on the one legged squats and now can easily do 10 on the bad leg, (considering I could barely do one full one when I started lol..) progression is fast! I don't know if its just me but I find holding a weight out in front of you makes it easier to balance... (eg a couple of kilos).... Good Luck.