deadlifts and squats spike testosterone??

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by MMAWARRIOR20, Mar 30, 2020.

1. MMAWARRIOR20

MMAWARRIOR20 Valued Member

Compound lifts the kinds of exercise that require many muscle groups to work at once i remember hearing the boost testosterone lvls. As opposed to something like a bicep curl. Anywho when i deadlift i notice i get more competivive a direct change in my behavoir.

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Is there a question in that statement?

Grond likes this.
  3. Grond

Grond Valued Member

4. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Heavy lifting certainly will stimulate testosterone production, but at least in my non-medical mind, I think of that as a longer term thing, something that could be measured over the course of months--not where if you do deadlifts instead of bicep curls on Tuesday afternoon, that your mood on Tuesday evening can be attributed to a testosterone increase from that day's lifting.

5. MMAWARRIOR20

MMAWARRIOR20 Valued Member

what i meant or rather what i was wondering: does deadlift and squats increase testosterone in a way that has a noticeable effect on one's behavoir?

6. Grond

Grond Valued Member

If you're wondering I'm guessing you've never actually done either a deadlift or a squat? IT has a pretty noticeable affect one me, I keep wanting to do more and more.

Mitlov likes this.
  7. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Also, it has a noticeable effect on my posture.

axelb and Grond like this.