Deadliest Forms Of Kung Fu.

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by 8limbs38112, Jul 1, 2014.

1. 8limbs38112

8limbs38112 Valued Member

I was curious to the kung fu practitioners what you think, or know, is the deadliest most brutal forms of kung Fu being practiced today. I am just asking out of curiosity.

2. 8limbs38112

make it your top 3.

3. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Good grief! Do you not think its more about how a system is trained and pressure tested rather than just if it is Southern/Northern, Wing Chun or CLF ect....

It can be the most complete system but if you do not put it under pressure regularly and have good impact training (for the striking systems obviously) you will crumble under pressure if you need to use it.

You fight as you train. Did you find a school then MrHiggins?

4. 8limbs38112

I train Pak Mei Kung Fu. I wasn't asking what was the most effective. Just the most deadly and lethal.

5. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Wouldn't effectiveness and "deadly/lethal" be the same thing..... :confused: How can something be deadly without being effective..... Simply not logical.

6. 8limbs38112

No. Boxing is very effective and can help you win fights. But is it deadly and lethal like Krav Maga? no. Krav Maga is effective too, depending on the school you go to, but from what Ive heard most of the techniques are meant to do serious bodily harm, or even kill if necessary. Boxing isn't meant to disable or kill, although it is effective for winning fights.

7. 8limbs38112

I'm sure it's possible to kill someone with boxing, but it isn't like Krav Maga.

8. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

1. Snake if they use poisonous snakes
    2. Tiger if they use real tigers
    3. Any style if they pick up a gun.

Actually, reverse that order.

Mitch

9. 8limbs38112

I saw an article about it on Google. Just wondering if it was true. Oh and thanks Mitch that was a real help. ; >

10. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mr, Higgins, If your school has not taught you that such notions are a fallacy, you should reconsider that school.

11. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

I know what your trying to allude to i.e. what skill sets are in the system i.e striking types/trapping/grappling and locks ect.. but again if the training method is weak so will be your ability to use it.

Boxing is extremely effective and potentially lethal mostly due to its training method and also its simplicity which do not need complex motor skills to pull off.

I like KM but again it depends on the school, If you think your average KM session in the local plush gym after Pilates will make you a better fighter i.e more lethal than a blood and sweat boxing gym you are being simply delluded.

12. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Ask Ray Boom Boom Mancini. And he did it the sissy way with softy glove thingys

13. 8limbs38112

aardia I didnt ask my kung fu instructor this.

14. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

You're getting a variety of answers here. They are all actually telling you the same thing, mine included. :)

Mitch

15. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

Are you trying to make fun of the Chinese MA? Most posts will deserve respond but not this one.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  16. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I see threads like this...

Attached Files:

17. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Fair enough, perhaps I was too harsh. If you didn't ask, I can't expect the school to be proactive.

It's just that my school is proactive in dispelling such notions. And I guess I just assumed most schools were. But thinkning about it, they may not be. Bad assumption on my part.

As long as no instructors there put this idea of "the deadliest" art in your head. And I am sure they didn't.

Let go of such notions. Odds are you aren't going to need to kill anyone with your martial arts. Let's hope not! Focus on getting better and more effective than you were the week before, then the month before, then the year before.

Understand that certain things you are taught "could" be deadly, but never assume they "will" be. Understand which situations are appropriate for certain strikes. Be willing to face the potential legal consequences if you make a bad decision.

Heck, as I mentioned elsewhere, even a sloppy punch could knock someone down, their head could hit the hard ground and that could kill them.

But really let go of such notions of being in the deadliest art. It is largely fantasy and not helpful for serious training.:)

18. AussieJKDguy

AussieJKDguy Valued Member

Mi-Tsung I "Labyrinth Boxing” is from what I have seen and learnt a really cool art as for deadly its not the art but the individual doing the art same misconception about a knife the knife doesnt attack the person it is the person wielding the knife but people tend to focus on just the knife....

19. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Deadly Kung fu is a fantasy man, these things just don't exist. There aren't any techniques that make you more effective at killing people other than learning to shoot.

20. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

That isn't strictly true. Knowing how to use a knife would make you you more effective at killing people - and that would make you theoretically 'deadlier' in countries like ours where guns are hard to get hold of but knives aren't.

Many MA's teach the use of weapons such as swords. Which would make us more effective at killing people in theory, although the likelihood of us ever getting into a fight involving swords are pretty slim.

And has been said already, a punch to the head can kill someone, in certain circumstances. Although that doesn't necessarily require any training.

But the whole notion of the 'deadliest style of kung fu' sounds like primary school playground talk, to be brutally frank.