Dan Inosanto

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by YODA, Nov 6, 2002.

1. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Well folks - I'll be spending next weekend training with the man himself in Edinbugh, Scotland.

Should be a fun weekend :D

---- and Saturday night we're going to an "eat all you can" Mongolian Restaurant - Kewl!!!!

2. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Poor old Mongolians.......they're always getting eaten :)

Hope you enjoy the seminar Dave, let us know what transpires.

3. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

Been to the one and only Mongolian restaurant in Edinburgh before - very good indeed.

I take it Rick Young will be there as well?

4. YODA

I hope so - it's at his club :D

5. Acekicken

Acekicken Submission Fighter

Dan's Da Man
    Hope u have Fun......

6. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Cool. I'll be at an event in Lexington, KY this weekend with Willem de Thouars and Joe Lansdale.

I've been wanting to introduce these two men to each other for a couple of years now ... I'll finally get to this weekend :)

*And* ... I'll get to train with them to boot ;)

Looks like we're both going to have good weekends, Dave :D

Mike

7. waya

waya Valued Member

Mike, I'm jealous :mad: lol

8. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Was going to go as well, but a bit pricey for a poor student, hope you have fun Dave!

9. YODA

It's going to be fun fun fun.

Two extra sessions planned too....

Silat with Steve Benitez

BJJ with ??? Not sure but it's the replacement for Erik Paulson, who can't come now.

10. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

You had to Rub it in didn't you :(

A well guess I'll make it next time, have fun, you'll love the BBQ, just make sure you don't over do it on the spices & steer clear of the himalayan shooters, any drink they set on fire can't be good for you ( don't think it'll stop you though)

elhig

11. Tintin

Tintin Cats: All your base...

As usual I'll have to miss it because I'll be away in Manchester for the weekend. Just learned I have to learn half a kata on Saturday ready for a competition on Sunday. Nice.

Enjoy the course, and if it's Khubla Khan's that you're going to it should be a good night a well. I'm still a bit sceptical that it really was Yak that they served but you never know...

12. YODA

Anyone in the Edinburgh area fancy an hour or two of Doce Pares Eskrima on Saturday afternoon? Say 5-7pm? All we'd need is a venue / garage / back garden / shed :D

Short notice I know but as I'm in the area it could be a good opportunity to "do a bit".

13. Freeform

Rodger Gracies doing the BJJ I believe, least thats what it says on the flyer (dunno when it was printed). Was tempted to go to his session (£15 for 2hrs I think).

If anyone wants to do a sesh with Dave (Dave permitting of course) you can use my garden if its dry, or I can get the hall at HWU for us (probs for free cause they love me :D). Dave, you've got my number if you want to sort stuff out.

Have fun y'all

Colin

14. YODA

Well - it was great! I had a great weekend training under Guro Inosanto, eating lots of Mongolian food, whacking some MAP members with sticks - and punching Freeform on the beak :D

Freeform came to the 2nd day of the seminar - everytime I glanced over at him when Guro Inosanto was teaching - his jaw was on the floor - LOL!!!

We did a pretty cool BJJ session with Roger Gracie too - excellent stuff!

15. Freeform

It was excellent!!!!!!!!!

It was all so fast and smooth!!!!!!!!

Started to notice a trend over the weekend. First Dave beat me up with a stick, then he beat me up in grappling, then he punched me in the face several times, then he stabbed me with a training knife (several time) and then beat me up using weird (but cool!) Silat techniques!!!

p.s Dave, my jaw was on the floor cause you punched me to hard that last time :D

Last edited: Nov 11, 2002
  16. YODA

Hehe - sure was fun :D

Although I do seem to recall tapping like a conga player & seeing stars a few times myself during the grappling section!

I forgot to tell you about the much feared "Stick & fruit" section of Doce Pares eskrima LOL!