Damn that hurt.

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by TheyCallMeBruce, Apr 24, 2002.

1. TheyCallMeBruce

TheyCallMeBruce New Member

I once got my butt kicked by a thai fighter, ******* broke 5 of my ribs befor I shot his toe off. :woo:

2. Dave Tew

Dave Tew New Member

Must have been a hell of a kick to hit you in the ass and still break all those ribs.

3. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

LMAO
    -TkdWarrior-

4. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

lol.
    good job you know now what pain feels like ;)
    heres one tip: don't get hit! :D

5. AsSaSiN

AsSaSiN New Member

Yeah, i got attacked by a Tie Fighter once, luckily i had my X wing for backup.

6. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

Good one my friend :)

7. AsSaSiN

AsSaSiN New Member

Is holding Pads suppsoed to hurt? Man them guys kick hard. Ive got bruises all over my wrist, it looks like lepracy. Am i doing something wrong or is this normal?

8. thiaboxr2

thiaboxr2 New Member

thia kicks on pads do hurt.

yes they do hurt sometimes. I have been doing thia boxing off and on for two years and i still get bruises on my left forearm every now and then. they are not large bruises any more just smaller ones. I take it as a sign of good technique. it could also be the pads...are they worn,old? how thick are they? where are the majority of the bruises you get? on one arm or both? if its just one arm you might want to reposition yourself or the pads to absorb the impact on both pads. then again, a thia round house is one heck of a kick even for pads!

9. AsSaSiN

AsSaSiN New Member

Yeah mate, its ok now, it was just one week, my partner usual was away, i went with i guy called simon, his kick is outrageously powerful, but i usually stick to my normal partner now.

10. Chlo

Chlo New Member

I've been pretty bruised from holding pads for some of the bigger guys at my club because they hit so hard though it's not normally a problem if they're about my size

11. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

A bit of bruising is inevitable,
    against a heavy kicker.

But Are you sure that you pushing the pads into the kick enough?

Try pushing out with the pads more when they Kick, that might spare you the heavier bruising on your wrists and forearms...

Don't forget to exhale strongly when the Kicks impacts on the pads, so as not to rattle your jaw/ head...