Damn it I'm dead again.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dean Winchester, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Or the official MAP Dark Souls thread.

Place your hints, tips and vent your frustration here.

Come on Sloth get your game on.

2. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

I was pretty good at that game in my day too. And demon souls.

Dark souls 2 is coming out on PS3 soon isn't it? Might have to dust the old console off.

I am rubbish at pvp though!

3. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I keep hearing about this Dark Souls 2. Is it like Angry Birds or something?

5. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Ahhh, Fish beat me to it :p

I suck so badly at PvP it's almost funny. I logged on to see if I could find Dean earlier, while waiting for someone I didn't pay attention to the guy with the enchanted crystal Zweihander. Who took out nearly all my health in one hit.

Then there was the guy who I was fighting fine in 1 on 1 who had a completely invisible opponent who kept backstabbing me. Literally invisible. No sound, nothing. Unless it was a crappy glitch, especially as my opponent wasn't even getting near my back. :dunno:.

And why is it in PvP that when you see a suspicious line of crystals lying on the floor in a square shape, the temptation is to run into them to go look?! :eek:

Thinking about it, I've only started losing now I'm using the Great Scythe over Quelaag's Furysword in PvP...:thinking:

I'm not much better at PvE either :p.

I also mentioned about my horrendous adventure summoning Rhythmkiller to help me with a boss recently, where I got lost a couple of times, died trying to summon him by falling off a bridge, kept losing him and proceeded to lose Rhythmkiller in a route that was essentially a straight line twice.

Ahhh, Dark Souls. A game I shall forever suck at, it seems :p

6. LemonSloth

*rubs eyes*

*reads again*

...Yes.

:Angel:

Seriously though, Dark Souls was arguably the hardest game on the market to play properly and has caused more players to rage quit (and in some cases trash their consoles, I kid you not) than almost any other game out there. It's also one of the most ridiculously rewarding to play.

And Dark Souls 2 is due to be released about now/has been.

7. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

I hope the weapon upgrade system is more like dark souls than demon souls.

I had a couple of different weapons, some kind of spear, a sword and a mace. And of course the trusty bow and arrow.

I think I used black iron armour, some kind of tower shield, the ring that boosted your equip weight and, hmm. Can't remember the other.

I preferred pyromancy to magic, but had a character for each, never really tried miracles out.

8. LemonSloth

I had a dex build in very light leather armour that didn't use pyromancy, magic or faith. Only used the bow and arrow briefly to get me the Drake Sword and to sometimes shoot some bugs in Blight Town :p

Yeah...I made the game a whole lot harder on myself. I reckon if I'd used Pyromancy and miracles more, I would probably do a lot better in PvP.

9. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I have no idea what this game is, but from Fish's link . . . .

"A GRAVE YARD TO EXPLORE HA HA DENIIIIEEEDDD

:D:D:D:D:D

10. LemonSloth

Go on Youtube, search for:

Dark Souls Insane Rage - Swiftor vs Ornstein

The vid is of a bald guys' reactions to taking on two particular bosses who are really quite early on. I can't post it here because of the language.

But yeah, that's what most Dark Souls players go through during the game. Seems right up your street Ero. The laughing at others bit, not the rage :p

11. Dean Winchester

Taurus demon killed, axe to the head x2 job done. :D

Now got the uchigatana, awesome!

12. LemonSloth

Completely failed to get that the first time round, where was it?

13. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

It's more like Flappy Bird, only with 100% more awesome and 100% more deaths.

14. Dean Winchester

You have to kill the merchant. :D

First off buy the bottomless box and repair box, short bow too if you want that Drake sword the easy way. I forgot the damn bow.

Then just smack him with your chosen tool of death.

15. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

First time I played it I didn't even know he was a merchant, so I killed him. Damn game made me jumpy so I was attacking everything before they had a chance.

There is also an Iaito in dirt town (not it's real name, can't remember it's real name, grunge? Filth? Blight?)

16. Dean Winchester

I keep seeing iaito mentioned.

Why the hell would I want a blunt aluminum blade to face the denizens of Dark Souls? :eek:

:cry:

17. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Uchigatana (uchi) is a brilliant weapon that scales with dexterity. A rating +15 and causes bleed damage. Good for huge knights in Anor Londo. Dont make it lightning or fire or you take the scaling off of it. Note that its usefulness will diminish if you arent maki g a dex character.

Baza

18. LemonSloth

Blight town.

Can we make this a "Dark Souls & Dark Souls 2" thread?

I'm going to order it when the wifey isn't sitting beside me :p

Also, do we know if our characters from Dark Souls can transfer to Dark Souls 2?

19. Dean Winchester

Any advice on a character build?

I started as Pyromancer with the master key and so far have mostly put points into endurance with the odd bit here and there into dex and strength just for certain weapons.

20. LemonSloth

What lvl are you now?

I might go back to make a new strength or faith build (my last one was a physical dex one) and see if I can adventure with you :p