Dacayana in prison in Cebu!!!

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Peter Lewis, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Hi Peter

Hi Peter, I'm going with, previously banned for talking sh*te.

Bill

2. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Does all sound like a stuck record Bill. :rolleyes:

3. PekitiBlood

PekitiBlood Banned Banned

You have not met the man, but look at the joy youre obviously having at ridiculing a man's circumstance.

And you attach the Pinocchio avatar as if to impugn the son with the father. Ridiculous.

Is there no shame, Peter Lewis?

4. Peter Lewis

Correction 1. I take no joy whatsoever in the circumstances that GM Dacayana has found himself in. (although some remarks made me smile) If I did, then I certainly would not be communicating with his son. That is just more of your hype...HIGH FIVE! :rolleyes:

Correction 2. Open your eyes...the Pinocchio avatar is next to the word 'private'..i.e. none of YOUR business what I discuss in private with anyone!

Keep up the good work. You are continuing to raise your profile. Well done! :wow:

5. PekitiBlood

1. One only needs to look at the history of this thread to conclude total guilty pleasure at the fact another man is in jail, w/ the least bit of info on the actual circumstance.

2. Pinocchio is a universal symbol for lying, NOT private or privacy, it's LYING. My apologies for the misinterpretation.

6. Peter Lewis

1. :jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester:

2. Also, when someone is trying to stick their long nose into other people's affairs...even in the Philippines I've heard the term'mahabang ilong' (long nose) used in this context.

Much of your argument seems to be based on the fact that you think that it is acceptable, for example, to impersonate a police officer... Many Filipinos walk around with a gun and a badge who are not police officers in the Philippines. This is actually illegal in almost every country (probably all) in the world, including the Philippines! So...if this is 'normal and acceptable' (to YOU), are you now suggesting the reason that GM Dacayana appeared in prison is more serious..i.e. something not acceptable (to YOU)?

If this is the basis of your standards, then of course it would also be accepted practice to fake ranks or certificates / charge high 'puti' (white) fees etc etc etc. Alongside this you mention HONOUR... hmmmmmmm Check any martial culture and there are certain expectations attached...tenets / code of practice (for example The Bushido) ..all of which include terms like honesty, integrity, loyalty, truth, justice etc etc etc HONOUR encompasses all of these and other qualities, which are all part of the 'whole...if one is missing, then HONOUR is lost. Hence the concept of Hara Kiri for the Samurai.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  7. PekitiBlood

Nope, I'm just explaining from my perspective, having lived in the Philippines, having worked very closely w/ its military and police (since PTK is the head trainer when it comes to military and police) and having trained in its jungles, I know the Philippines. It's corrupt. The concept of the Rule of Law is not the same as in Western countries. Although in letter it may not be accepted, the de facto reality is that many non-police have guns and badges.

As for why this man is in prison, it could be personal vendetta, it could be a sting, etc. It could've been anything. The crux here is you don't know (hell, I don't know nor care), yet you are all over this forum like a dog in heat, humping and grinding the issue with very little facts to go on regarding this man's arrest.

There you go mixing issues again. Your little Doce Pares vs. San Miguel issue is separate from this man's misfortune. Unless of course the police arrested him for this purported fraud, then this man pulled out his gun and badge and thus was arrested also for impersonating. Highly unlikely.

This is the reason why the Doce Pares vs. San Miguel drama be kept inside. Again I could careless about this fraud, I'm not involved. But when the FMA as a whole starts airing their dirty laundry like women, I feel compelled to step in. This is the Honour I speak of. Deal with the problem like men and pick up your weapons.

As for ranks and certificates, we all know that people in the Philippines give this away like they do toilet paper. So why make a big deal of rankings and certificates? The sword speaks louder.

Before you get all lawyered up, Kali is about fighting not arguing over ranks and certificates. It's about combat and fighting. Typing like women, giggling and spreading rumors is not honourable. Fighting for what you believe in is. There is no honour in what you are doing here.

You are in the wrong, and instead of accepting it and even apologizing you keep hammering away rationalizing your behaviour--it's pathetic really. Just admit you're wrong.

8. Peter Lewis

1. I also understand the Philippines very well having been married into the culture for many years. Yes, there is corruption BUT accepting it as a way of life is neither right or honourable.

2. As already mentioned, I had dropped out of this thread, but it is your highly predictable and familiar BS that entertained me into coming back.

3. You should be a chef because your skills in mixing and manipulating are way above anything I've seen. :rolleyes: My question at the start of the thread was very simple...does anyone know anything about this?

4. You treat 'honour' with such a lack of clarity. Throughout history, I do not believe that any culture of warrior showed more honour than the Samurai. They lived and died by the sword...BUT, also lived by a very strict code of ethics that is clearly beyond your comprehension.

5. Lawyered up!!! :jester::jester::jester: I love it...and you accuse me of mixing things up.

6. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Heard it all twice before on this forum.

Now...a story for you...nothing to do with the thread :topic:, but may indicate where you are coming from. Around 12 years ago I was seeking a form of FMA that really had a blade focus. Three systems came up immediately: Pekiti Tersia Kali, Sayoc Kali and Kali Ilustrisimo. I contacted GT Gaje directly to make some enquiries. When discussing this with a prominant FMA instructor, he said (his words, not mine) "Leo Gaje...be careful...he has a reputation for taking the money and not showing!" Subsequently, the instructor that I was chatting to followed the Sayoc route via GT Chris Sayoc and I followed the KI route via GM Yuli Romo and M Rey Galang.

9. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Well for your information the challenge has already been issued by me several times to the individual who is spreading lies and BS about the systems and close freinds I train with. But so far the individual ( not GM Dacayana ) has used every BS excuse to back out including telling me I'm too old ;)

Now tell me this. If someone started to claim they knew more about Pekiti more than GT Gaje and that what he knew was all lies and also proceeded to insult all of his direct family. All of this in public. On video. Would you stand by and say nothing.

Don't tell me you would challenge them right? Then of course when they use excuses to not fight and they are not close enough for you to simply pop down to see them. You would obviously sit back and say nothing wouldn't you?

Now you say it has nothing to do with you ( the subject of this thread ) yet your constantly adding fuel to the fire and in many ways are guilty of your own accusations. As the old saying goes. Don't throw stones in glass houses.

And regarding your Question regarding any Pekiti guys in London. Well unfortunetly there are no Pekiti clubs here in the UK but there are one or two practioners ( it was one of the first systems I studied ) but there not on here and tend to keep themselves to themselves. As a matter of fact a personal freind of mine based in Kent on the outskirts of London is an ex-military officer of the Pekiti ilk he may be available but that all depends on who you are and how you approach him.

Best regards
    Pat

10. PekitiBlood

Thank you, Pat O'Malley. Now this is honour. You offered a public challenge, another declines. I thought we were just speaking about the father and his son. So if there's another party involved, this part may be publicized.

As for the rest of the details of this drama, it should be considered private. The Challenge is the deciding factor, not the drama. You offered a public comment, and there was a public surrender. That should be enough to curb your fraud problem, but instead of publicizing the challenge you guys are publicizing the drama.

There's been countless (COUNTLESS) challenges, some answered, some not. But, if you've noticed there's been an effort to keep much of the drama in private. Some seep out, such is the the online highway.

(If you can please PM me the details of your friend in Kent, Thank you.)

11. PekitiBlood

Wow, Peter Lewis, I ask you again is there no shame to what you've stoop to?

More rumours and innuendoes. If this was so you need only ask yourself, why PTK has the best people pound for pound teaching Russian Special forces, the Philippine military and police, why PTK is featured in documentaries more often, etc. etc. etc. Is that "not showing".

Is there no HONOUR in you, Peter Lewis?

12. PekitiBlood

I didn't say I accepted it. I'm just describing the realities of the Philippines for you.

You should've left it with an apology.

What a very INNOCENT question. The intent was clear you wanted controversy.

It appears I 'comprehend' it better than you, Peter Lewis.

I'm just saying challenge the guy, instead of all this drama. Pick up your weapon, and stop embarrassing FMA. No rumours.

13. Peter Lewis

Hi All

As starter of this thread, I have now requested that it be locked by the moderators.

As with two previously banned MAP members from the PTK system, the thread has lost any clarity because it has been used it as a platform to promote their system of 'greatness.' We have heard this hype so many times before...we do this...we do that...we are the best!!! Zzzzzzzzzzz

As stated, I had left this thread because of private communications. They continue and I shall now stay off here. No need for any apology from me...that has certainly not been requested by anyone 'really' involved.

Gumagalang

Peter

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  14. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

It is such a shame Peter as the FMA forum seems to be the best behaved save for the PTK guys.

We generally do not worry about promoting our own style, but do work to raise the profile of the art.

When I used to pop into chat people were surprised to find our art has a very good empty hands system. Many thought it was just the stick and knife. Arguements set us back and make us sound like the ninjitsu forum.

I am on Facebook, as is Pat and we are linked to Eskrimadors around the world. People I have never met invite you into their world with open arms.
    One of our students has just been to the Philipines to train with Alfredo Carin. We had no end of e-mails from Alfredo thanking us for sending a student to train in his fathers style and for promoting the art in the UK. We should have been thanking him. Very humble indeed.

If I could afford to I would teach for nothing. In fact I have taught private lessons for free because I felt it was the right thing to do when a student was pushed for cash.

Shame more do not feel our passion for sharing.

Simon.

15. jo biggs

jo biggs Valued Member

Hi

as Jhun Dacayana uk rep,
    was a little suprised that peter hadnt contacted me about jhuns father in prison?

I can only say i am appaled by the you tube saga, had emailed the italians to say so, but hey ho am normally the last to find out anything,

I have had an email from jhun, explaining the arrest of jhuns dad, it makes very intresting reading,

would the modertors think it good to post it here?

i have cautioned Jhun a few times to change the name of his system, it would make it easier for himself to dstance from all the claims and counter claims,
    having spent sunday trawling through the you tube footage, gave up taking this seriously when I saw some of the footage of Jhuns dad in jail which had been taking and mixed up with music and other claims from presumably the doce pares san miguel camp?( maybe not), after that I thought it really had descended to farcicals levels,

anyway I am sure this will run and run,
    Kindest
    Jo

16. PekitiBlood

No one's promoting anyone's 'greatness' here, Peter Lewis. Like Stuart, I am merely pointing out your shortcoming regarding the subject of this thread. Yet this still escapes you.

17. PekitiBlood

To stave off Peter's rumours and innuendoes, please post the facts.

18. PekitiBlood

If you think that all the rumours and innuendoes presented in this thread represent something honourable, then we come from two completely different world, Simon.

The behaviour of Peter Lewis in this thread is akin to ladies giggling and whispering rumours while washing their clothes in the river. This is not the behaviour of men.

19. PekitiBlood

No. Of course not. That would've been the most reasonable thing to do.:rolleyes:

20. Peter Lewis

Jo / Simon

Have sent PMs to you.

Best regards

Peter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.