Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by aaradia, Dec 13, 2015.

1. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Yeah been following it closely on Facebook. Mostly Bey Logan pimping it as much as possible. With the odd mention by Donnie (who seems to be more concerned with a certain Sci-fi movie franchise spin-off and ice cream in London).

2 years in the making. Hope it won't disappoint.

3. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

I think it's going to be bad. Firstly it's a Netflix movie. Not a huge budget. Secondly, bad director, and bad writer. I smell cash cow with this movie. It will attract an audience because of the name.

4. HairoNoSora

HairoNoSora Valued Member

I can't comment about the director or writer being bad, but regarding Netflix, a.f.a.i.k. Netflix wasn't involved in the production but just a part of distribution, so there's that.

hmm, I'm just reminded that I have only watched the original once just about when it cam out, which is like.. 15 years ago? I think I should watch it again sometime soon.

5. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Yes, you should! It's in my list of "best movies ever" because it really is that good! :heart:

6. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Harvey Weinstein is one of the two main producers, famous for being a budget artist. Cutting 3-4 hour films into 1.5 hours. And being very stingy with production costs.

7. flaming

flaming Valued Member

'House of Flying daggers' was far more enjoyable too me; really nice relaxing soundtrack as well.