Cro Cop's new coach

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by RandomTriangle, Aug 16, 2007.

1. RandomTriangle

RandomTriangle Valued Member

FROM CROCOP's WEB SITE :

Ivan Hyppolite is CroCop\'s new coach

Just one week together in the gym was enough for Mirko and Ivan Hyppolite to seal down a deal which makes Ivan Hyppolite Crocop's new coach. Famous thai-fighter, now a headcoach of Vos gym Holland, will work on improving Mirko's thai-boxing skills.

Ivan Hippolyte - is one of the world's best thai-boxing coach... http://www.mirko-crocop.com/

2. slacker6

slacker6 New Member

Well somebody didn't come through because Cro-cop looked terrible in UFC 75. Not sure if Cro-cop just didn't show (again) or if it was bad coaching.

3. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

Agreed. What the heck happened? He needs to go train with Ernesto Hoost or someone to that effect...

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Yeah you could pick far worse places to train than with the Vos boys... one of best gyms in the world for Muay Thai. A legend in it's own right. :)

5. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Hyppolyte was a great fighter,very thai style,you can watch some of his fights against thai fighters on youtube,good choice by cro crop,he needed to do something! couldnt even defend a body kick! :)

6. Gufbal1981

You guys do realize that he picked this team before the kongo fight, right?

7. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

Ya gotta wonder what the heck was going on with Cro Cop in that fight. No apparent game plan at all, just throw a few big bombs and hope for the best. He wasn't the active fighter, he was getting cowed and walked down by Kongo, just not the old school Cro Cop at all. Perhaps, sad to say, he really should just give up MMA and concentrate on something else.

8. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Isn't it a bit quick to talk about Crocop moving on... he's only lost 2 fights! I think in the Kongo fight he was a bit tenative because of the whole being knocked out badly in the previous fight. Not to mention Kongo is a very good fighter. I think we need to see another fight or two before deciding its retirement time.

9. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

I didnt realise that.

Cro Crop should still stick with Hypolite,he will get him back to his best if Cro Crop wants to be! :)

10. Gufbal1981

I don't disagree with you...I still think he should train with Ernest Hoost though. I just love that guy. :love:

11. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Gufbal1981,

Hoost trains with Hypolite as far as im aware,great team for CroCrop :)

12. Gufbal1981

He does. I just meant personally with him.

13. AAAhmed46

AAAhmed46 Valued Member

He gets shut down back peddling, maybe he needs to refine this aspect of his striking?

14. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

i don't know why CroCop didn't rush in with punches like what he did with Bonjasky. it looks pretty obvious that his reactions slowed down, so he should stop counter-striking, but rather, be the aggressor.