Creative Mass attack ideas?

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by beholder, Apr 7, 2012.

1. beholder

beholder New Member

i am testing for my kenpo black belt vary soon and i need to make a creative mass attack using five people (5 attacks) i want it to be creative and different i am vary agile and can do high kicks and front rolls side rolls and back rolls,arm bars finger locks wrist locks and more, i can use any weapon or attack and it does not need to be a kenpo self defense (but i don't want it to look like another art) what would be some interesting ideas? what would you do.
    this will be in front of about 100 people that don't know anything about martial arts,and black belts of all degrees (10th and under)

Thank You for any ideas,videos would be really appreciated also

PS- They should all be take-downs!

2. beholder

beholder New Member

Need to make up my own extensions.

for my kenpo black belt grading i need five and they con not be ed parker extensions, i can use any kenpo technique i want and they need to be take downs but they need to be creative, i don't want it boring like the other ones i have seen, there will be about 100 people that don't know anything about martial arts, and about 20 black belts (10th and under)
    i want to make an impression
    please help me

PS- this is a totaly different subject then my other post, i need a mass attack and self defense exensions (5 each)

Thank You!:hat:

3. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

I suggest you consult your instructor and then consult with fellow students in your class

4. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

It would seem to be on the fact you come here looking for help in your testing.

The best way to get help or assistance is to consult the very people in your school-class.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
  5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

What is the concept behind the drill/demo?

I know it isn't to really to defend yourself against 5 people, so what I mean is are you expected to show speed of defense, variation etc...?

6. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Well frankly doing takedowns that you aren't already competent at is dangerous and won't impress anyone who has any idea what he's looking at.

If you tell us which takedowns you are competent at, then you'll have your answer anyway.

If you've got time to learn new takedowns, you might consider going to a fresh school to pick up things to work out for your demo.

7. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Are you aiming for realism or flash? If it's realism, then you need to consider shielding techniques that cut off the lines of attack by the others. Once you have better control of the situation you can drop the attacker you're shielding with and move on to someone else. However, there's very little you can do to reliably defend against 5 attackers trying to attack in a realistic manner.

If it's flash, then just do what you're good at.

8. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

Here are some ideas in the following clips. Just make sure your demo partners know how to fall.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-21UaxfStNk"]Dallas demo - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RTGMbQ24Ck"]Taiwan demo - YouTube[/ame]

9. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

He may want to consider legging it ;)

10. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Absolutely, as long as he's faster than the fastest guy in their group! :)

11. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

And this is why you should run towards safety, and not away from danger ;)

Serious note though, everyone and their uncle in SD say 'run'. How many of us train our dropstep and sprint? (Well, I know I do ;) )

12. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I am an appallingly bad runner - at 200m or so I will catch/escape almost anything...after that I am pretty much pooched!

13. Sounds like really great running to me! :)
    How far do you really need to run in an SD situation to either find help, an environment less suited to a predator, or a place to hide?

Very few urban predators will run down their prey, they would rather ambush it, it seems.

Osu!