Crash!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Angelus, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

:D OMG i just watched the movie "CRASH" last night and i was just "wowed". That is one great movie... If anyone watched it tell me the part that just got you thinking "OMG OMG OMG"....cuz thats what the scene with the cop trying to save the lady in the car that had flipped over did to me....
    I recommed it to anyone 8.5/10 :D

2. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

It was ok. I don't think it's gonna win best picture :p

There were things in it that made no sense. and I don't mean "irrational fear" no sense, I mean "why the hell did that character do this?" sense. I think it was a bit full of itself...

3. aml01_ph

aml01_ph Urrgggh...

How so? I think the characters' motivations are adequately shown in the film.

4. wondermonkee

wondermonkee Valued Member

great film

i was impressed by it.

Don Cheadle is one of my favorite actors.

5. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

I thought it was a pretty good flick but a rather pessimistic view of humanity. It's the best picture now, I guess I picked the right one to watch.

6. Yama Tombo

Yama Tombo Valued Member

I like how it shows the ups and downs of life, shows that we're all human. We're all the same and yet so different, if that makes any sense.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  7. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

Oops ;)

8. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Let's see....

Don Cheadle and his g/f have been a couple for how long and he still confuses her with a mexican.

Ryan Phillipe's character spends the entire film trying to save every black person he meets and then shoots one one in the head?

Let's not even get started on Matt Dillons' character and the utterly horrific scene where he has to save the poor woman he so recently sexually assaulted and publicly humiliated. Yeah, right. That was probably the LEAST believable scene in the film, closely followed by Sandra Bullock and her meltdowns.

I really don't need to go on. It was not deserving of "Best Picture".

9. Yama Tombo

Yama Tombo Valued Member

How is it even "the LEAST believable scene in the film"? Are you talking about the acting or the situation?

10. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Both, but the situation moreso.

This film was based in LA, which has a population of several million people. What are the chances of one cop from a population of several thousand police officers not only running into again, but having to save, the very woman who was the object of his sexual assault just days earlier? It was a poorly-written attempt to force us to have some sympathy with a police officer who smears the good names of police officers everywhere. Utterly contrived.

The acting was so-so. Matt Dillon certainly wasn't up to "Best Actor" quality, IMO. Certainly not in the same category as William Seymour Phillip (I think I got that right... the man who won) or Heath Ledger or even Jaoquin Phoenix.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  11. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

Spoiler tags please!

12. freak

freak Valued Member

jack nicholson even looked surprised when he was reading the winner last night lol....good movie though

13. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

This movie is built on stereotypes that affect all cultures in America -or the world. Of course everything has been exaggerated to make it interesting but in the end it is still a movie about the lives of normal people in a world in which everyone is connected... LOL i like the ending... the crash ...starting the cycle again LOL... :D

14. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Film is all about coincidence and unusual happenings. In this scene his actions earlier were ultimately putting her life in danger, and making him face the result of his actions. If they had made friends and all was forgiven, I might have agreed with you, but that doesn't happen. If he had gone about his usual day without coincidence there wouldn't be much of a story.

Coincidence is part of everyday life, I've known much greater examples to happen than were demonstrated in this film, which if were put on the screen would get this same response of 'What are the chances?'. I didn't see anywhere in the film that 'smears the good names of police officers everywhere' the dilemma faced by his partner goes directly against this idea. Do you really believe things like this never have and never will happen in the LA police force, and so shouldn't appear in a film?

15. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

As I said ealier, the scene was contrived in an attempt to redeem a character. I don't believe that it is likely to be one officer of thousands, sexually assault someone out of a few million one day and then have to save her life a few days later. The scene was tripe, and I certainly didn't fall for it.

16. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

Congratulations to Crash for being only the third film (IIRC) that I have stopped watching before the end. The other two being Aeon Flux and Starship Troopers 2. A complete load of nonsense. Unrealistic characters, a script with so much filler* I can't remember any killer, and a general feeling that it took itself far too seriously.

* Almost always consisting of something to do with race. "Sorry, I'm sleeping with a white woman at the moment" etc etc

Utter tosh. If you took the film Magnolia, removed the original elements and anything that requires you to think, fill the script with ****e characters who utter patent nonsense every other breath, add an air of superiority, a dash of "grit" and toss in a few undeserved awards, and you have Crash.

IMHO.