Covid vaccination.... Beware.......

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dead_pool, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

The parking was terrible, and I had opened up a new air freshener in the car and it was really strong, but far too cold to open the window whilst I was driving....... But I digress

So anyway I was lucky enough to have the first part of the covid vaccine this weekend, it was painless, and I felt a tiny bit hot the next day, that's it.

We should all get it, every single one of us, our kids and grandparents arnt safe, until we are all safe.

Mitlov, hewho, StooXex and 4 others like this.
  2. icefield

icefield Valued Member

That title is pure clickbait you should be ashamed of yourself

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  3. Dead_pool

The other day, I was watching a video called 'top ten facts about James Cameron fims you didn't know", and I did know them.... All of them, And thought to myself, that's the type of evil marketing strategies we should use for good.

axelb and Dunc like this.
  4. Kemposhot

Kemposhot Valued Member

I intend to get it as soon as it’s offered. I just want to get back to normal life.

Dead_pool likes this.
  5. Flying Crane

Flying Crane Well-Known Member

Here in the US I’m pretty low on the list. I don’t imagine I’ll have the opportunity to get it until late spring or summer.

Keep in mind everyone, the jury is still out on whether or not the vaccines actually prevent you from getting sick and being contagious, or simply keep your illness mild and highly survivable. Even after vaccinated, everyone still needs to wear a mask and avoid crowds, respect physical distancing, etc. People still need to behave for a while, until the vaccine is widely distributed and the cases are going away for real.

Don’t relax your vigilance.

Mitlov, hewho and Dead_pool like this.
  6. Dead_pool

^ very good point, it should reduce everyone's period of infectiousness, but possibly not to zero, so we're not in the clear, until everyone is in the clear.

No group hugs till everyone can have group hugs!

Kemposhot and axelb like this.
  7. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Thanks for posting this, I've seen far too much nonsense about the vaccine.
    I needed the chuckle from the click bait title :D

I am sure to have one in January/February due to high risk. (No appointment yet).
    It sounds much like the flu vaccine which I have every year.

Wherever I have a vaccine I make sure not to be doing anything in excess prior to it so by body can process most efficiently.

It seems like it won't be available to general public in the UK until September next year at the earliest.

Mangosteen and Dead_pool like this.
  8. hewho

hewho Valued Member

*releases deep breath* Solid clickbait! Nice one @Dead_pool glad you're feeling good :) My elderly neighbour had his first dose a few days ago, and has felt absolutely fine.

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  9. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Wish it was already widely available for high-risk populations. My mother, in her mid-70s with high blood pressure, just contracted covid despite her best efforts to be safe.

Dead_pool--are you a front-line medical worker? (I ask because those are the only people able to get vaccines in my area at the moment). If so, thank you for what you're doing.

Dead_pool, axelb and Kemposhot like this.
  10. Dead_pool

In the UK their rolling out two seperate types at the same time, the ones that are very difficult to handle are going to large vaccination hubs, and are being given in age/risk bands, and the easier to handle but slightly less effective ones are being shipped out as we speak to smaller hubs, and again given his age/risk bands.

How is it being managed in the states, will people have to pay to be vaccinated?

11. Flying Crane

Flying Crane Well-Known Member

Under trump, it would be anyone’s guess. Under Biden, I believe the intention is that it will be free for everyone. Insurance may be required to pay for it, and those without insurance will be given without charge, as part of a federal program, as I understand it. This is just from what I believe Biden has indicated his intentions.

Dead_pool likes this.
  12. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mitlov, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I hope she recovers quickly and fully.

Dead Pool. It is supposed to be free in the states. Right now the two that are approved are the two that need to be refrigerated. one regular, one at super cold temps. (Pfizer and Moderna). There are phases decided on who gets it first. But some states are having their own say in how it is given out in their state. These are the recommendations.

COVID-19 and Your Health

Phase 1a is health care workers and those in long term care facilities. There may be some states in phase 1b.

Here is how some state are messing up in distribution.
    Long lines for COVID-19 vaccines build in Florida, Tennessee, Puerto Rico

Trump said 20 million by the end of the year. But of course there have been issues and we are way behind. At 2.8 million right now. Of course, he is too busy with golfing and his coup attempt to focus on that. He is blaming the States. I am sure the blame belongs both with the Federal Gov and some States.

At current rate, it'll be 10 years before Americans adequately vaccinated against Covid

Dead_pool likes this.
  13. aaradia

Dead_pool likes this.
  14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

We've got some anti-vax loony cycling round our local villages shouting at people (calling them "face nappy slaves"!) and putting up anti-vax propaganda leaflets on notice boards.

15. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

What gets me about these people is how they accuse everyone of mindless obedience and consider themselves the critical thinkers, when in reality they are regurgitating propaganda that they accept at face value without a shred of critical thinking or reading around the subject.

axelb, Dead_pool and Kemposhot like this.
  16. Kemposhot

Kemposhot Valued Member

We were told to expect this when the vaccine was developed due to the speed in which it came out. Even normal people who aren’t particularly anti-vaccine look at this and think “wait something doesn’t feel right...”

I remember them saying a public education campaign would be launched to explain how that’s not the case and the vaccine is safe, along with information why it’s safe. Maybe I’ve missed it, but I haven’t seen much like that yet floating around. Personally, I trust the vaccine and plan to take it when I can, however, I think you’d make a lot of people feel better if they explained it better.

David Harrison likes this.
  17. Dead_pool

18. Dead_pool

It's a mix of denial and anxiety isn't it:

axelb likes this.
  19. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

I will get it when I am allowed to, but currently I believe I am at stage 5 or 6 on the list to get the vaccine, and they are only at stage 1.

On a positive note my 93 year old uncle caught Covid and beat it. Even though the odds were against him, because he got diagnosed with Cancer just prior to the positive covid test. Ironically, he caught covid, at the hospital, while they were running the tests to determine if he had cancer.

axelb, Kemposhot and Dead_pool like this.
  20. aaradia

Glad he has beaten the odds!

This terrifies me though. I had to lay with my face partly in a pillow at a medical place for almost an hour to get an MRI. And I have to go to PT tomorrow and see a surgeon for evaluation. My finger won't bend. I have to go or I could face permanent damage. :(

Xue Sheng likes this.