Courage knows no gender.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by oldshadow, Dec 11, 2007.

1. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

This female voluntary security guard (this is not a rent a cop but an armed volunteer from the church) stopped the gunman and saved countless lives.
    She did this as two other security guards froze. To stop this guy she walked him down as he fired at her. This is the sure way to stop a person but it takes courage that few have. You must walk toward someone that is trying to kill you and remain calm enough to hit the person shooting at you.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewFlash.asp?Page=/ThisHour/Archive/NTH20071210t.html

2. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Well, that's a sexist thread title. This woman can shoot and is brave, surely she must be exceptional.

3. Scarlet Mist

Oh, and this is why people must carry guns, to clap on fools who think it's a big deal to shoot up a place with many unarmed people. Thank heavens this clown walked right into some shells.

4. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

That was just my knuckle draggers way of saying that despite what some believe that courage knows no race or gender and she performed an exceptional act of courage.

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Yeah I saw this one while following the story. That's no small task. I'm sure there are a good many people that are thankful that she could keep a cool head in a very scary situation. Despite all the razzing that goes on... I've seen some women who can easily out preform men when it comes to keeping a cool head in a scary situation. I've always wondered if had to do with the fact they produce roughly about twenty times less testosterone than men.

Below is a great clip of a woman that keeps a cool head in a very bad situation and prevails:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GblexXFLtYg"]crazy female cop - YouTube[/ame]

and on the lighter side of things:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mi--QrC2ic&feature=related"]YouTube[/ame]

I mean after all... if that was a male cop that had pulled him over... they would have no doubt had to tackle the old geezer and taze the shizzle out of him and then they'd really have to get rough. :D

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  6. windtalker

windtalker Pleased to return to MAP

What kind of liberal excuse are we going to hear about this? The woman saved maybe hundreds of lives with a firearm yet the liberals don't want any of us owning firearms.

That was a great story and proves that courage does still exist. Also that it's not only a quality found in men.

7. Scarlet Mist

Yeah, because we didn't already know that women could be brave too. :rolleyes:

8. Lily

Lily Valued Member

LOL Scarlet :p

9. slipthejab

lol... I was waiting for the NRA and the rest of that lot... to come charging in and holding this up as proof that citizens owning automatic rifles would have saved even more lives. :D

10. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

I’m waiting for the anti-self-defense, anti-gun liberals to start with how this means nothing and she should have waited for the cops. After all she might have accidentally shot a bystander and the cops are the only ones that should handle this type of situation. You know she should have just run for cover like sheepeople are suppose to and wait for the cops. :rolleyes:

11. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Women giving birth = very brave!

12. Hiroji

If she didnt have a gun, she could have been a proper hero and took on the bad guys un -armed. Seagal style.

13. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

She was brave, and I imagine she saved many lives - but I love the irony of a Christian church having an armed guard! What's next - metal detectors for the congregation to have to walk through on their way in? :confused:

14. Hiroji

Is it really like that in the States?

Do people just go around shooting each other!?

15. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Apparantly they have to practise, just in case the 'redcoats' ever come back. ;) :D

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  16. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

If you want to protect something, hire women.
    If you want to take something, hire men.

It's all in the psychology.

The Bear.

17. Scarlet Mist

Idiocy.

18. slipthejab

Au contraire, mon frère.

19. Scarlet Mist

Englsh plz. kthxbai.

20. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Mu wife is still with me.....must prove something

regards koyo