Council's for Kali Eskrima Arnis Spread

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Pat OMalley, Dec 20, 2007.

1. shootodog

shootodog restless native

trust me. if anyone ever claims to be the governing body of all fma, he'll have one hell of a big and long fight on his hands.

2. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

:hat: Shooto strikes again! :) This is a very clear reason why there is no Governing Body and any claims that there is would be misguided fabrication.

Shooto. In the UK sports have Governing Bodies. I actually encountered a problem at a University because I was not a member of a UK Goverment recognised Governing Body and so was not permitted to teach. It can also link into other aspects, such as insurance cover, which is not common in the Phulippines.

Regardless of Governing Bodies, the fact that the BCKEAI has grown to a level where many instructors are able to teach under one roof without egos flying is awesome.

Gumagalang

Peter

3. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

To give you an idea of just how long it takes to become a Governing body WAKO here in the UK under the umbrella of the AMA (the biggest MA org in the UK) took no less than 15 years to gain Government Body Status. And that was 15 years of constantly attending Sports Council meeting, constant communication and up-dates and then some.

The BCKEAI is striving to unify the FMA, both art and sport under one roof with no politics and no fee's.

The BCKEAI can provide insurance to it's members if it is required and unlike most governing bodies we recognise several sporting formats of the FMA such as mentioned above as long as they are helping to unify different groups, styles and systems via sport much in the same way the BCKEAI does with the art.

With that I would also like to welcome Roger Barnes the WEKAF GB President and Country Director for WEKAF World Wide as the official Spokesperson for WEKAF in the BCKEAI

Best regards

Pat O'Malley
    Official Spokesperson for the BCKEAI
    UK Representative for the PCKEAM