Cool Kyokushinkai site.

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Andy Murray, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Thought some of you guys might like this if you haven't seen it already.

All the mad Mas Oyama MPegs are there to download amongst others, as well as an interesting Karate Family tree.

Link!

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

There's more there since I last visited - I've topped up the Yodarchive accordingly :D

Thanks Andy

3. Andy Murray

Did you get the Déjà Moo, feeling you'd trained that Bull before?

4. YODA

LOL! Most definately :D

5. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Thanks Andy :D They're going in my mpegs collection

6. YODA

A quick question for you K-Girl

In the mpegs of him sparring - does the stuff he's doing resemble the stuff you're being taught?

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I aint looked at them yet Yoda, I'm away from home right now. I've downloaded them and put them on CD, so I'll let you know when I get back and watch them.

8. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Mas oyama is so cool I want to have his babies

9. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

That Board break looks fake...There is a line either drawn on them, or somebody cut them a little with a saw:)o ???)
    But there's something there that shouldn't be.

And the guy is pulling his kicks in the 'Sparring' sequences, just flicking them up the side and not putting any hip in, like bad 45 degree angle kicks. Still I guess you shouldn't really 'chin' the master.

Either that or he's a crappy kicker...

What's all that huffy puffy breathing, big gulp mouth stuff about in the kata sequences? Is that some kind of Sanchin thing?

10. 2wirin

2wirin New Member

Thanks so much Andy,

Brings back the good old days huh! Nostalgia! Just like touching and opening the book "What is Karate?" You do remember the only book whose cover is jute (sack-cloth material) giving you the sensation of handling a fine woven "tatami". Could you possibly please dig deeper in your archives and try to see if you also can bring out some old Nishiyama articles?

More power to you and have a good one!

11. Andy Murray

12. 2wirin

2wirin New Member

Oh! Andy ,You're really great.

For somebody to get out of his way to help another,Lots of thanks again. I'll go make myself busy for awhile on what you've passed on. I appreciate all this. Just keeping up the interest in MA, the old bones are creaking but still good enough to give some young thugs quite some surprises when they make the bad choice. Good day for now..!

13. Andy Murray

Your joy, is my joy 2wirin. Thanks for your thanks.
    My bones creak with yours. :D

14. YODA

(((Group bone-creak))) :D

15. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I haven't watched the rest of the videos yet, but we don't get taught to spar like that. The videos looks quite faked to me, almost chorographed. And the guard is non existent. Maybe it was part of some marketing thing Oyama was doing.

Sokklab, the "huffy puffy breathing, big gulp mouth stuff" is called Ibuki breathing, we do it in Sanchin No Kata, Tensho and a few other kata's. Its meant to put your body in a state of muscular tension and I think, help strengthen your internals.

16. paul paterson

paul paterson Valued Member

Osu,
    Seen the video clips, although I have some of Oyama vid's this will add to my collection.

For those who disbieleve Kyokushin and that of Oyama then please think again. The video clips are poor quaility but hey...do you judge a book by its cover?

I never got to meet Oyama, my loss, but I have met many other Koyokushin legends. And those that I have met and sparred with only two have been what I would call Gentlemen and genuine, they are Tadashi Nakumura and Steve Arneil.

Many thanks to Andy Murray for letting us all have a wee peak at this very good website and that of Kyokushin.

Osu.
    Paul Paterson.

17. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

unrelated

My dojo did seminars with O'sensei Richard Kim very oftenly, I joined the year after he died, :mad: