Conor Vs RDA

Discussion in 'MMA' started by -APEX-, Jan 26, 2016.

1. -APEX-

-APEX- Valued Member

I think this fight is a toss up. I think Conor takes it by KO - he will get in RDAs head with all the trash talking and making him overly emotional in the fight. RDA will over-commit similar to Aldo and get countered in round 2.

RDA definitely has a good chance to win, as long as he focuses 100% on getting Conor to the ground and pounding him out or subbing him. I think all the trash talk will make RDA want to stand too much, he will sloppy on the feet and get KO'd.

Who you got and how?

2. PsychoElectric

PsychoElectric Valued Member

LOL.
    Think il'l wait till the weigh in at least.
    Thts when i'll call it boy.

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

No harm in discussing it before hand (despite whats been going on lately)

We are a discussion board after all.

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I'm calling it for Conor. Lost money betting on Aldo and I won't do so again. RDA has better coaches than Aldo I think though.

5. Prizewriter

Prizewriter Moved on

Conor won't have the big weight advantage he normally enjoys. If RDA can turn it in to a grappling match, he might wear Conor down. It's a huge undertaking though. Conor's coach has produced a lot of talented submission grapplers so submitting Conor in 2016 won't be the easiest thing in the world. I will say Conor though.

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

As long as Conor has his chin and laser left he *could* beat almost anyone under 205 IMHO.
    But RDA seems about the worst match up possible for him. Great pressure fighter, won't let Mcg dictate the pace, grinding wrestling combined with striking, big, strong and seems to be hitting his stride stylistically.
    But if Conor smokes him I wouldn't be surprised either. :)

7. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I disagree, I think pressure fighters are Conor's bread and butter. He's a southpaw with amazing timing. RDA presses forward, left hook, goodnight.

8. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Yeah, Aldo was hardly a stand off and pick them apart fighter.

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I think Conor is a pressure fighter himself. Albeit a pressure fighter with a different kind of pressure to someone like RDA. Mcg's game is a nuanced one and he doesn't press forward as such. His pressure is about staying in the pocket, throwing techniques and creating openings for that left (even if it means taking some shots himself).
    Absolutely the fight could go as you say...RDA presses forward, left hook, goodnight. Any Conor fight can go like that.
    But equally I think it could go...McG creates pressure in the pocket, RDA presses forward and eats a left as a result, the pocket rapidly diminishes as RDA continues to pres forward and mauls McG in the clinch, takes him down and mauls him on the floor too.

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I think a 13 second KO, as beautiful and masterful as it was, isn't a totally reliable barometer of how Mcg will deal with the kind of fighter RDA is IMHO.

But that's the fight game eh? We're all just micturating in the wind. I wouldn't liketo bet on any result in MMA because it's so chaotic.

11. -APEX-

-APEX- Valued Member

How much do you think the mind games played into Aldo losing?

I had that fight at 50/50 odds.. but as soon as I saw Aldo walk out I knew he would lose. His eyes were completely red and glossy like he was full of adrenaline and emotion.

12. -APEX-

-APEX- Valued Member

We don't allow junk image posting, or attacks on other members. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2016
  13. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Funny, I had exactly the same feeling when I saw it.

14. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Not as much as people make out, buy I think stylistically watching Aldos huh lights it looks good for Conor. Same with RDA.

15. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Connors a beast on salad, and now he's on steak!!!

But seriously it all depends on having a good gameplan, if he matches his worst abilities against RDA's beat he'll lose, but that's true in any fight.

16. PsychoElectric

PsychoElectric Valued Member

Yes No harm.. In my opinion i choose the winner by weigh in and walk in.:)

17. DARKREALITY

DARKREALITY Valued Member

Let’s see now..Conor vs Aldo……………….1,200,000 PPV buys
    RDA vs Cerrone………..UFC on Fox free TV.

mmmnnnnnn……………..I wonder who will win……………….

Gee, this is a tough one..............

It is only natural that Conor McGregor will win.

18. Prizewriter

Prizewriter Moved on

Are you implying it's a fix?

19. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

Conor's trainer said something about Mcgregor challenging Lawler if
    he beats Dos Anjos. Is Lowler as good as Dos Anjos as a fighter and a champion? I haven't watched him fight yet, although I've heard good thing about his recent match with Condit.

I hate to root for a guy that is as disrespectful to others as Conor is, but I can't help but admire how brave he is.
    In boxing, which the fighting sport I follow closely, no one of the elite at this point of time would even consider to take such a huge risk.
    He is challenging such a dominant and powerful champion at his peak, just after managing to establish his self. And without having any advantage. On the contrary, this will be his first fight n this weight.:eek:

If he pulls it off, he will truly be unique.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  20. DARKREALITY

DARKREALITY Valued Member

Yes.