Congratulations

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Peter Bradbury, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Peter Bradbury

Peter Bradbury Valued Member

Hhhhhhmmmmmmmmm........ yeh im sure it will, not so sure about me though

2. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Well all I can say is: GET YOU BIG FAT LAZY BUTT OVER HERE PRONTO!:eek:

LOL:love:

Pat, Lucy Rees and Olisi:)

3. Pat OMalley

You'll be fine! Trust me:rolleyes:

hehehehehehehehehe

4. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

I passed my congrats in your journal (about half-hour into labour as it happens :D), but here they are while mum and daughter are back home with you. Look after them both. :love:

What I really had to respond to is:

It sounds like a lovely (and unusual) name, and what is wrong with being called 'stick' - after all I chose the Korean for myself.

Best regards - Jang BONG. :D:D:D

5. vicjudofreak

vicjudofreak Valued Member

Eeek I seem to be a bit late on this one... but congratulations!

6. Pat OMalley

But of course I will, thanks a lot, I will tell them you sent congrats.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it and it is a lovely and unusual name, which in turn means no one at the moment will have it, which again is great. (Yoda was only joking anyway). But again thanks a bundle for the support.

Best Regards

Pat

7. Pat OMalley

Any way as they say:
    "This is my stick, there are many like it, but this one is mine";)

8. TigerWolf

TigerWolf New Member

Congratz Pat!

Love the name. Olisi... Sounds really nice! :)

9. silverfox_y2k

silverfox_y2k Valued Member

Congratulations Pat!!!! :)

Wishing you and the family best wishes on your new arrival!
    I like that name Olisi it is very unique.

Kind regards

Mark G

10. Crucible

Crucible Valued Member

Congratulations Pat! I'm curious if you've already created a MA curiculum in your mind to bring up your newborn.

11. Pat OMalley

Well Like my 4 year old son Rees, if she want's to train then great, if she wishes to do something else then that is ok with me too. It would be nice if she trains in the FMA but it will be her choice, but saying that she wil be surrounded by it everyday so there is a good chance she will.

My boy has held a stick in his hand from before he could even walk, but like most 4 year olds he has na attention span of about 5 minutes:D We have found though that he seems to favour Espada 'Y' Daga and loves twirling so maybe he has found his area. We also send him to gymnastics once a week which he loves and I am looking around for something else to send him too as well, something along the lines of Judo as I feel this will also help benafit him.

As for young Olisi it is too soon to tell, but I am sure she will give me an idea as soon as she can (probably in about 2 weeks;) )

As they get older and if they show an interest I will take them through the same stages I take all my students, they will not receive any preferential treatement although they will have access to training on a one to one basis anytime they like, they will also have access to the Masters as when we visit the Philippines which is also good.