conditioning ideas

Discussion in 'Karate' started by goatnipples2002, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Cain

Cain New Member

Well, it's is'nt exactly mental, you will still break your knuckles if you have never prepared for it b'fore

Am afraid bones are completely different than diamonds

Maybe 'cause they have retired? Get some info b'fore you start spouting off that again

Yeah, it's probably means that, it's obvious you don't know much about conditioning.

If there's a person A who's done it for years, and then there's a person B who's never had any experience in it and claims A is wrong who do you think I should be listening to?

Overall that most conditioning I do for my knuckles is knuckle push ups and hitting the heavy bag, the tree hitting I believe is done on trees with a soft bark not the hard oak trees.

Conditioning can be good if done in moderation.

|Cain|

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Correct - moderation in all things is a good guideline.

However, excess is usually SO much more fun :D

3. Adam

Adam New Member

AYE! :D

4. Adam

Adam New Member

For tree hitting I tend to favour birch? trees myself. I find oak a little hard on the wrist and knuckles.

5. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Gee, and mine seem to be intact. Must be a miracle I guess.

I wasn't comparing bones to diamond, I was trying to explain the difference between hard and brittle. As you condition bones they become harder, and more brittle.

Ditto.

Actually I know more than you might imagine. I've spoken with a fair number of medically trained people, both students and doctors, and I've studied medical physics for some time. I know what impacts do to bones, cumulative effects of the impacts, and the risks it presents to you. I don't need to step into the M25 to know that getting hit by a car'll hurt, I can guess that from my own knowledge.

The one who can still hold a pen without difficulty?

6. Adam

Adam New Member

This is really going nowhere.

7. Cain

Cain New Member

Yeah, a miracle ;)

The theory of the diamond does'nt apply to the bones I'm afraid

Yeah, you know I have experinced it

You can guess, I have done it and know people who do it and still play the piano ;)

|Cain|

8. goatnipples2002

goatnipples2002 someone tryin 2 learn

where do you guys train? how come no one said a thing about dit da jow? I know it by no other name. I made my own using western herbs. If you use it before and after a conditioning lesson then your joints won't take enough abuse to cause arthritis. the di da jow is some strong **** if you let it sit long enough (about a year). Mine has been sitting for about 2 years. I've used it ever since it sat for 6 mo. i used a store brand until the 6 mo. was up. You guys talk you just do what some one else says just because. I don't have a master or any of that. My teachers were the streets, prison and gangs. I'm not trying to brag (that stuff ain't anything to brag about anyways) just trying to tell you to do some research and you might not sound like a hand puppet.

This is MY very own recipe. (my 1st attempt)

Use 1 gallon glass jar

Mix herbs with 4 to 5 Qts. WINTERGREEN alcohol

1 container of ANALGESIC GEL (depending how cold you want it)

1/2 OZ. OF EACH
    Marshmallow Root
    Chamomile
    Witch Hazel
    St.Johns Wort
    Rosemary
    White Willow
    Sarsaparilla Root
    Goldenseal Root
    Fenugreek
    Nettle
    Fennel Seeds
    Cramp Bark
    Blessed Thistle
    Echinacea
    Thyme
    2 1/2 OZ. Celery Seeds
    2 1/2 OZ. Dandelion Leaves
    1 Ginger Root
    4 1/2 OZ. Comfrey
    1/2 bottle of Aspirin
    1 OZ. Cayenne Pepper (depending how HOT you want it)
    1/2 clove Garlic

change it if you need to

(i grow most of these herbs so I use more ALWAYS).

if you don'y know what an herb does look it up

Last edited: Jun 11, 2003
  9. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Maybe because it's completely unnecessary to any form of training?

10. goatnipples2002

goatnipples2002 someone tryin 2 learn

STOP IT: Yoda

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2003