conditioning ideas

Discussion in 'Karate' started by goatnipples2002, Feb 4, 2003.

1. goatnipples2002

goatnipples2002 someone tryin 2 learn

ONLY BITCHES act bitchy. and if you ruin your fingers it's your own damn fault

2. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Oh sod it. It's a crap idea, it's not going to work and I refuse to do it. Anyone who thinks punching 'nice, soft things' like a punchbag with gloves on is girly and/or doesn't work should go a few rounds with a boxer and find out.

3. Adam

Adam New Member

Indeed, but take the boxer, make him remove his gloves and pitch him against someone with the same skill and power plus hand conditioning and see whose punches get weak from knuckle pain first.

I actually dislike using gloves in bagwork, I think it makes you loose the feel of your opponent and the fight. Gloves should only be used in those matches with head punches. Kyokushin is gloveless, but it's without head punches too.

4. Knight_Errant

You are implying the boxer would lose? I very much doubt that.

5. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

Come on, guys lets not turn this into a big arguement, and errant, put some thought into your posts please, when I look down the thing of threads they were all last replyed by you and that is not a problem but you are negative about something or another in almost all of them! Let's try to keep a positive attitude here guys. Errant, look at your profile, you have well over 40 posts per day!

6. Knight_Errant

Yes, that's because I am currently 'revising'. I don't do things by halves... I'll try to stop being negative, promise.

7. Adam

Adam New Member

I mean if two BOXERS were to fight without gloves and one of them had hand conditioning.

8. Knight_Errant

Ok... I have to say I honestly do not know.

9. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

With bare knuckles I very much doubt it would be knuckle pain slowing them down, probably more to do with repeated concussive shocks to the head slowing them down, knuckle pain isn't really felt until after the fight, so conditioning really doesn't matter.

10. Knight_Errant

11. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I don't know about that.. I feel other pain after fights, but knuckle pain seems to register straight away for me. As it does when I do my press ups

12. Knight_Errant

I occasionally hit my bag with bare knuckles. It tends to hurt.

13. Adam

Adam New Member

Experience talking: I've broken my knuckles (or the two front ones at least) TWO OR THREE TIMES! and it does hurt straight away. And the pain is extreme when punching. Go on, you try it. I'd be impressed if you can KO people with your hand screaming bloody murder when you twitch your fingers.

And CKDstudent, you are right, the knuckles being damaged would be the least of your worries in a bare knuckle boxing match, but the one with the conditioned hands would have the advantage.

14. goatnipples2002

goatnipples2002 someone tryin 2 learn

YoU should have said minor knuckle pain isn't felt. Let's see you break a knuckle and see how long it takes for it to hurt you, probably instantly. Let me destruct one of your punches as a lesson on why to condition. OH let me guess you don't practice destructions either? If you condition your hands right you should never break a bone which is the purpose of conditioning, or have you guys forgot about iron fist and the iron master, that guy who can punch steel plates and dent them. He can't write very well with one of his hands, but it still proves the point that conditioning is essential and if you don't do it YOU PRACTICE A PUSSY ASS ART.!!!!!.

15. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

LOL! I guess I practice a pussy ass art then. LOL!

Dent steel plates - Bwaaahahahahaaaaa.....

Put down the DVD remote and get a grip dude - this is reality not some wire flying chi-ball blasting anime flick.

16. Knight_Errant

hehehehehe if the beady eyes of the moderating team weren't on me, I might say something similair...

17. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Go for it! Just keep it clean & TRY to be as respectful as possible.

18. Adam

Adam New Member

I suppose it, as usual, depends on what you want to accomplish with your training. If you want to be able to fist-break bricks or fight bareknuckle matches, some conditioning might be in order. If gloves (yuck) are your thing, then fist conditioning might be less important.

Each to his own. I'll stick with the conditioning of the hands as I believe it's a necessity if you want to use fist punches.

19. Knight_Errant

OK, if you want to. I'll just express the opinion that conditioning the hands doesn't make them tougher, it just increases the risks of arthritis. Remember: your joints are kept supple by bags containing a lubricant called synovial fluid. You could damage these by the shock of punching something hard repeatedly. This could mean that they have to be surgically removed. There is a whole mental image going on here...

20. Adam

Adam New Member

Doesn't make them tougher? Then how can you explain the iron hands and knuckles some people get from using makiwari? How do you explain people fist breaking concrete without ending up with a fistful of searing pain? I'm sorry, but that's about as uneducated a statement as anything. It may or may not be USEFUL to you in person, but it really does make the hands tougher.

Surgical removal of the joints? I really, really don't think so. Conditioning can make your hands and fingers stiff and inflexible, it doesn't turn you into a cripple.