Completely lost faith in the Justice System.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by CrowZer0, Jan 5, 2016.

1. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

I had an incident back in July were 3 men were charged with aggravated burglary and assault.

I was told by witness care they had pleaded guilty, to aggravated burglary and assault.

The office in charge seemed like he didn't care and I was always wasting his time.

Today at the sentencing I find out they had pleaded guilty to affray, not aggravated burglary and assault. They received between 150-200 hours of community service.

Assault, nothing. Aggravated Burglary, nothing. £4000 worth of damage to my tech and items. Nothing.

Makes me incredibly angry.

2. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

That sucks.

As a minimum you should complain about being misled. I think its fair to say that the deception/miscommunication seriously increased the distress you felt as a result of the incident.

On top of that, go to the media. Kick up a fuss. Make it clear that serious violent offenders are being put back on the streets without spending a day in jail. Make life very uncomfortable for the people who screwed you.

3. CrowZer0

I contacted my witness care person. I'm in the process of making a complaint against the officer, who seemed like he just didn't care. Was quite rude. Would call me asking to take a personal statement where he will visit me within the next two days, then I hear nothing for two weeks. (Statement was never taken.) I have contacted the Crown prosecution, still waiting to hear back from them. I just feel baffled. I'm going to ask for a review of the case, and I'm going to find out exactly how and why this happened.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  4. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Get a complete review - this sounds like someone being lazy in doing their job.
    And if the review comes up crap then go to the media.

You've talked about and been worried about where you live before (on this site) and this is a complete crap up.

5. CrowZer0

That's why I moved in august, now have intercom, CCTV and am on the very top floor. Of only 3 floors, but still. :p

6. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

thats really a horrible situation for you.

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I too think you have grounds to demand an explanation.

I was held at knifepoint last Christmas (I will make a thread on the subject once the case is finally over) and witness care and the police have been nothing but excellent in all areas.

Definitely follow this up.

8. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I was held hostage from a home invasion. Didn't even go to court.

9. CrowZer0

WHAT?

10. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

Lazy prosecutor trying to do as little work and still get a checkmark in the guilty column.

11. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I've told this story a few times man. I'll try and find it.