Commonwealth Boxing

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Pretty In Pink, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I'm loving the new no head guard rule! Changing the pace and styles of the fights!

2. Pretty In Pink

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I am 50/50 on it. Plus side, it'll be great for them during the Am to Pro transition.
    I understand the whole "prevention of concussions", but they can sustain more cuts, which even though they won the bout they got the cut from, they may medically wont be allowed to fight to the next stage.
    So what's the backup on that?

We see this on TUF a lot, fighters not allowed into the next round due to injuries/cuts.

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

The Amateur Boxing organization here in the US (USA Boxing) changed over to no head gear right after the fight I had and got knocked out in. I would have been in favor of not having to wear headgear in the ring honestly. You can see on the video where I'm constantly trying to adjust the damned thing. I got hit a bit because I couldn't see. Head gear isn't a blessing to people who sweat a lot. :p

Out of being able to box because you have sustained too many cuts, or out of boxing because you're not half stupid from too many concussions. :thinking:

I'm not laying blame to the head gear I was wearing for having lost the way I did, but I would sure as hell rather have had a huge gash on my face then the concussion I got. Just saying. :p

5. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Best thing they could've done. No doubt headgear causes more pain and suffering than it ever prevented.

On top of the reasons mentioned above, headgear also gives boxers a false sense of security as far as taking shots goes.

But the worst is definitely the effect is has on limiting vision. I'm surprised it wasn't done away with years ago.

6. Pretty In Pink

I like it. I'd still love to have an amateur match.