Combatsombo

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Sambo Master, May 21, 2003.

1. Sambo Master

Sambo Master Banned Banned

Thanx for the help
    when i was sparing i used to be able to easily throw my opponent and get out of his headlocks but now he gets me in the headlock and choaks me out do you think it is just thet my training is lacking behind because i used to go 2 times a week and train at home but now i just go the once.
    all advice welcomed thanx

2. Joe karate

Joe karate New Member

Maybe your stuck in a rut. You always got out of the headlocks but now your opponent is used to your way of countering. He knows whats coming now and can counter.

Look at your training and see how it stagnated. Change up partners.

I think you have probably become predictable.

3. Adam

Adam New Member

Could it be lack of interest/motivation? That can really kill your fighting ability.

4. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

How often is your partner training? If he's spending a lot of time on the mats, he's probably found counters to your counters and already knows counters to the counters you'll learn.

It is very much a game of chess.

5. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Back suplex

Gtd get out!

or just roll him back if you want to be nice, good for points or hurting the guy!

NICE

SONSHU

6. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

He chokes you in Sambo?

Hmmmmm..... strange.

7. Sonshu

Choke takes about 3 seconds on a good day yoda

Also you should guard the headlock by keeping your chin in - anyone knows that.

Also - the suplex takes well less than a second!!!

SONSHU

8. YODA

Re: Choke takes about 3 seconds on a good day yoda

Yes - I'm well aware of that. I've done a few :D

My comment was due to the fact that, as far as I'm aware, Sombo doesn't allow chokes in competiton. It's a bit like someone saying how a guy at his Judo club keeps getting him with leg locks.

9. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I did this in the first 5 mins of my first Judo class ever... I thought they were allowed. The guy was screaming and then 2 coaches piled on me! :p

10. YODA

One of my guys went to a Judo club and when they found out he did sub grappling they tried to embarrass him by putting him up against a brown belt who outweighs him by about 3 stone.

He choked out the brown belt with Sangaku-Jime and I mean O - U - T - OUT - the head guy gave him a bollocking saying that using your legs to choke isn't allowed in Judo --- WTF?????

11. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

My hairy - yet small and firm - Scottish **** you can't use your legs!?!?!

He was an instructor in what???????

Origami most probably! :woo:

There is ONE varation of Sanjaku that is illegal because it puts undue stress on the neck, I'll try and photo it for you.

Col

12. YODA

He's a Sandan - AJA

This was a bog-standard run-o-the-mill triangle from the guard. I think his Renzo Gracie T-Shirt may have upset them too :Angel:

13. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

LOL!

14. Sonshu

Thats odd

Might be the difference in the sombo as the one I have trained in allows chokes and spine locks etc.

The sombo wrestling but there are 2 styles which are both under Martin Clarke I belive - might be the other one.

Hey YODA have you seen the man mountain called martin clare - hard work to throw that guy I recon. Need to hit people like that a few times to soften em up.

Still just keep on hitting - he is a big man.

SONSHU