Combat Conditioning by Matt Furey

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Nunoxma, May 26, 2011.

1. Nunoxma

Nunoxma Valued Member

Hi , i recently aquired the Combat Conditioning book by Matt Furey do you know this book ???? can you tell me your opinion about it ????

I loved the book cause you can get in great shape only using bodyweight exercises and i've watched some videos in youtube with positive feedback about it.

After i've read it i started to workout immediatly i will try for one month THE ROYAL COURT so called in the book.

That consists in Hindu Squats , Hindu Pushups and Back Bridging.

Day 1 (today ) to test myself i did the exercises of the royal court....my current and begining results are:

51 Hindu Squats
    20 Hindu Pushups
    55 seconds Bridge holding

Today i just tested myself at my fatigue limit, so i have no routines planed.....any suggestions of sets ???? Will i get stronger if i keep on the exercises of this book???? cause of my results i feel really weak :(, since e talks about people who can do 200 or more pushups and squats....that's seems impossible, but i want to do it.

MY GOALS AT THE END OF THE MONTH

100 Hindu Squats
    100 Hindu Pushups
    3 min Bridge

FEEDBACK PLEASE
    THANKS

2. Osu,

Steady and consistent wins ---- Are you in such a hurry? Where are you going?

Why would you want to do 200 consecutive push ups?
    Once you can do 100, the additional ones bring you very little.
    Maybe you should set a goal of 20 one arm push ups by the end of the year. (each arm)
    In that case, you can slowly grow to 100 consecutive push ups by End of August.

With all this pushing, you also should consider doing a bit of pulling.... 15 consecutive full perfect form chin ups by end of August, and 2x20 by the end of the year.

Same for squats: 300 consecutive squats by end of August, and 20 pistols (one leg squats) by the end of the year... (each leg)

So you can make a steady progression that won't hurt you, won't burn you off and that will increase both your strength and stamina more than your actual targets... :)

Bridges: you could target full down and up bridges from a standing position, but I doubt you'll build up to that in 7 months.
    maybe you could target wall walk downs and walks up bridges in that time? I don't know... there is a lot of flexibility to acquire for the bridges.

You don't have to do it all the same days either.

What do you think?

Osu!

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  3. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Please tell me you didn't pay for it. Fury's stuff is good for a few idea's to add to your workout, but I wouldn't base my workout around any of his material. Moreover, you can learn anything he has to offer and a lot more at your local gym.

4. Nunoxma

Nunoxma Valued Member

My Hurry is because i want to join an elite Portuguese army and i must get real strong or i cant pass. WhitePanda i didn't pay for the book because it's an ebook. If you want i post the link that a friend gave to me with a lots of ebooks of conditioning, ALL Pavel's books, and even the 300 pages US NAVY SEALS PHYSICAL GUIDE.

5. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

They have such a thing?

The Bear.

6. Nunoxma

Nunoxma Valued Member

Search in youtube : [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pSuh9RyX3s&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Boinas Verdes Portugal - www.boinasverdesportugal.com‬‏[/ame]

THESE ARE RECRUITS

they are Para-Quedistas ( Parachute Troopers ) ....They're also known as Portuguese Green Berets.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Using the Pehlwani protocol that Furey cribbed it from you shoudl have a ration of 2:1 on squats vs pushups. Try this variation

Dands (whatever your number is) - I suggest doing between 25-50 reps.
    Bhetaks (whatever your number is)- I suggest doing between 50 - 100 reps.

Do a total of 5 x 6 min rounds, alternating between dands and bhetaks. This is a 30 minute workout. Your goal is to continuously alternate between Dands and Bhetaks for 6 minutes. If you do 25 Dands, you must do 50 Bhetaks (then 25 Dands, then 50 Bhetaks, etc) for each entire round. You can take a minute rest between rounds. Count your repetitions.

Your end goal is to do 500 Dands, and 1000 bhetaks in 30 minutes

You should gauge a little like this;

5 Sets of 15 Dands and 30 Bhetaks (Beginner)
    5 Sets of 25 Dands and 50 Bhetaks
    5 Sets of 50 Dands and 100 Bhetaks
    5 Sets of 100 Dands and 200 Bhetaks
    5 Sets of 200 Dands and 400 Bhetaks (Champion Wrestler)

This is the protocol used by the traditional wrestlers. However, it is NOT their exclusive method, and they would mix in other workouts in too.

8. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Well the British Army Recruits are sure alot uglier than that lot.

The Bear.

9. Nunoxma

Nunoxma Valued Member

Dands are Hindu Pushups and Bhetaks are Hindu Squats right ???

10. icefield

icefield Valued Member

congratulations you are joined the large group of silly people making furey a millionare by buying a product you can find for free from the authors he borrowed everything from :)

11. Hannibal

Hey I just gave him a free workout progression! Plus he got the book for free so who cares?

12. Nunoxma

Nunoxma Valued Member

Lol i got all Pavel's books , Ross Enamait, Matt Furey's ones....all for free :D

<no linking to dodgy downloads of copyright material please>

:D

This routine will make me stronger and i can do isometric stretching for side splits at the end of workouts or relaxed streches :D niceeeeeeee!

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2011
  13. Hannibal

Ross is fantatstic - his books are beyond brilliant...especially "Never Gymless"

I woudl stick with his stuff over Furey's, even though there is a lot of crossover

As an aside if you want results quickly kettlebells rule!

14. Nunoxma

Nunoxma Valued Member

I will start with Furey's, cause i don't understand much of bodyweigh
    exercises, i am better at flexibility .....and i don't like to use weighs cause they are expensive.

15. Hannibal

Ross explains things throughly and has a greater deal of variation than Furey.

That said, you will get good results from the Dands and Bethaks - they are one of my staples.

Try the "Karl Gotch bible" too when you get a chance - Red's pushups, blacks squats, picture cards 10, acess 11...when yoou get fitter jokers are wild at 52 reps

16. Hannibal

To be fair you could apply this to almost ANY topic or subject by any author. This criticism really only applies to the "Farmer Burns" stuff he put out

17. JKDJoe

JKDJoe Valued Member

I agree, Ross' stuff trumps Furey's and just about anyone else out there. Plenty of techniques and explanations to keep you huffing and puffing for a while.
    I've got all of his books and dvds (even the old discontinued stuff).