Collar Bone pops

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by PersonasBinar, Jan 15, 2004.

1. PersonasBinar

PersonasBinar New Member

OSU:

Whenever I lift my shoulders up, pull them back and drop them.
    (Basic shoulder roll)

The left portion of my collar bone pops. Not in the shoulder area but in the chest area. Uncomfortable but more annoying than anything else. Happens ALL the time and has been doing it for ages.

Someone told me it was tight muscles in my back. Any ideas?

Cheers

2. Disciple

Disciple New Member

Could be tendons that attach to your collarbone and aren't used to being sreched that way, or can't strach that wya. if you can, talk to a PT (physical therapist) and/or Doctor.

3. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

LOL :) im not the only one who gets that then! :) i have exactly the same problem. But i feel no pain or discomfort so it isn't such a concern to me.

4. TigerAn1

TigerAn1 A Southern Praying Mantis

Mine started doing that a few weeks back after we practiced run and tumbles. I know I came down on my shoulder wrong the last time. It didn't hurt too bad, but it was like popping when I moved it. Like the last person said, more annoying than anything else. It has since cleared up.

5. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I sometimes get a similar thing; often from too many rolls, especially shoulder rolls. I do my shoulder physical therapy exercises, and it generally clears up within a few days. Could be a muscle problem, could be a joint problem, but if it's still bothering you now, I would see a doctor about it.

6. PersonasBinar

PersonasBinar New Member

Shoulder rolls eh?
    hmmm.....from all the years of skateboarding I've definately done some whacky things to my body. Some pretty good slams on the ramp. It sure seems like it's permanent, but not painful.

Cheers