Clubs in Dundee.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Sam, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Alreet you lot!

My job is taking me on further travels up to Dundee for five weeks, starting early July. Anyone got any reccomendations there? Karate would be wicked, Wado Ryu would be awesome but as I've said before I'm really not a fussy person.

Any heads up would be great.

Cheers! (love you guys!)

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

3. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

I just got search function noobed didn't I? :p In my defence Mapping is hard on a mobile. Cheers MDad!

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

There was a lady from Dundee on last week I think. Good place to start?

5. Smee

Smee Evil kung fu genius

i'm from Dundee but moved to Canada about 6 months ago. There's quite a few clubs in Dundee. Depends what you're looking for.

I don't think there's Wado Ryu but there's definitely Shotokan and Tenshinkan karate. There's a few TKD clubs and also Hung Gar kung fu. Lots of sport karate/kickboxing as well.

Ancrum Karate Gym in the Seagate might be your best bet if you're only there for 5 weeks. They're a small full time gym and you can train by yourself (hitting bags etc) on Saturday afternoons if you're bored.

I'm a Muay Thai guy but the local muay thai club closed before I left and I don't know if there's another opened up.

ps: i probably posted on those threads above haha

6. never too old

never too old Valued Member

I'm in Dundee - just spotted this thread.

Contact the sports centres direct - There's a shotokan Karate class on in the Dundee International Sports Arena, commonly called DISC running on a Thursday night - they are in the hall from 7 to 8, then our Kupso class is from 8 to 9. I reckon they are there other nights too, but Thurs is the only night I see them training.

Do you have indemnity insurance, are you linked to any 'body' MA wise, most clubs would ,imho, expect you to join for the insurance side of things but would likely be happy to train you.