Club Spectators

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by d0ugbug, Jan 21, 2009.

1. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

I consider myself to be a very technical martial artist I will stand or sit in a stance for hours trying to get that kick, punch, block or any other move down to a fine art before I move on. I personally think its the best way to learn something drill it into your body 100s of times and ask

"Why do I do this move?" "What’s the point of it" "is it any use to me"

So I'm not the best fighter out there, not the fittest or strongest and yes my sidekick may be a bit low, but you want to know how to do a move and do it well I'm your man.

Lately I've had allot of "martial arts movie fanboys spectators" coming in and watching, why do they expect every martial artist to be able to do a flip, jump around like a nutter on a pogo stick and pull of 10ft flying side kicks GRRRRRR

They come in take the free lesson, appear to be a 30min expert on the subject and everything you show them is "wrong" or "isn’t this better" last night for example:

Fanboy: when can I hit board or a brick?

Me: when they hit you first

I smile and brush it off, but lately its just been annoying the heck out of me. Anyone else with similar experiences / problems