class once a week?

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by absolutenewb, Jan 31, 2004.

1. absolutenewb

absolutenewb New Member

hello,

I want to start some Kali but my commitments only allow for me to attend one of the two scheduled classes. FMA classes are rare in my area. Do you think with one class a week and plenty of home practice it could still be productive? could i also do another martial art on the side like boxing and muay thai to keep things up to speed?

Cheers

mick

2. Van_the_cookie_man

Van_the_cookie_man New Member

Yes it would be possible. In my opinion, the boxing and muay thai would help you overall more than it would help the FMA training which is good also. The only bad thing that might happen from going once a week is that you might not understand something completely, and be practicing it for a whole week incorrectly.

3. Sun Hwang

Sun Hwang Train to eat,Eat to train

If you only have time to do it once a week how would you have time to do Muay Thai or boxing on the side? Hmmm :confused:. Anyway to answer your question I don't think it would be beneficial, especially for what you would pay for the training. If you're going to join a martial art commit to it. If you think you can bevefit from it though, most places offer at least one trial lesson so you could see if you really want to do it.

4. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Sure - one class and solo practice can be very productive. It dpends on the drive of the person involved.

What type of Kali and where?

5. absolutenewb

absolutenewb New Member

class once a week

hey Yoda,

I'm not sure of the style of Kali but it's in Brisbane Australia - very few FMA classes in the area. I want something straight-forward and good for physical conditioning - perhaps i should go for the muay thai and only practice that.

Mick

6. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Do both Mick.

If you are not happy with either - drop it.