Clapping Pushpus

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by El-Guapo, Feb 24, 2008.

1. El-Guapo

El-Guapo MMA'ER

Hi,
    I just wanted to know, how many clapping pushups do you have to acheive in order to successfully achieve one hundred regular push ups?

Are they 25?

thanks for the help in advance

TKD4ever and ever :D :D :D

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Front, back or double clap :rolleyes:

3. El-Guapo

El-Guapo MMA'ER

800 CLAPS :D :D

LOL
    only the front one
    and thanks for the help
    I really aprreciate it

4. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

My guess would be that it is different for everyone. I could probably do 100 pushups and maybe 40 or so clap pushups. I would venture to guess that the more clap pushups you can do, the more "standard" pushups you can do. But again, I don't think there is any set number or ratio that would answer your question.

5. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

how many lamborghinis do you have to be able to parallel park in order to successfully parallel park an eighteen wheeler?

you're talking about two similar, but very distinct, skills.

6. El-Guapo

El-Guapo MMA'ER

Thanks guys for your replys
    :)

7. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

also, you can try.....(MAP veterans will hate me for this :D )

ONE-HAND-CLAPPING PUSHUPS!!!!!!!!! :D

seriously though, different excercises, different results. pushups will initially give you enough strength to lift your own body and will then give you endurance if you do a lot of them, while clap pushups are plyometric, meaning they are more useful for acceleration, making you able to apply more strength in less time.

8. El-Guapo

El-Guapo MMA'ER

I can do 10 one armed push ups at the moment....
    i can try doing the one armed clapping push ups !
    thanks

9. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

What sound does that make? :D

10. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

Well, if you clap on your chest, it makes a thud ;) :D

11. narcsarge

As do you when you bounce off the floor! ;)

12. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

Shush Narcy! We aren't talking about me bouncing :p Besides, I can do clapping push-ups & one-hand push-ups too :p

13. narcsarge

I can do clapping and regular push ups but not one arm push ups. Guess I will sit in the corner now...

14. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

Don't feel too bad, Narcy ;) I can't do more than a few :D

15. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

I like clapping pushups because it feels like I am getting a round of applause for each pushup I do.

16. El-Guapo

El-Guapo MMA'ER

Here is an exercise that helped with the one armed push up:
    Do a handstand with the wall behind you and stay in that position as long as you can and everyday increase the time 5 or 10 seconds. When you reach 2 or 2 and a half mins in a handstand position, trust me you will be able to do the one armed push up and defeat cait !

17. narcsarge

Oh I can do handstand pushups with and without the wall. Still can't do one arm pushups though. My tricepts are my week link I am afraid...

And any advantage I might gain against our Lady of the Beatdown will only be trumped by another trick she has learned..... ;)

18. El-Guapo

El-Guapo MMA'ER

are you sure that you keep your legs wider than the standard push up position ?

19. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

OOooo, I'm gonna have to steal that :D ;)

20. narcsarge

Oh I try. Lord help me I try. I basicly wind up with my body twisted sideways and do a push up with the opposite shoulder pointing to the ceiling. At my age, I really don't care if I can do them or not. Jack Pallance I'm not. :p