CKD Check-in

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by LilBunnyRabbit, Dec 31, 2003.

1. MaluCachu

MaluCachu New Member

Been doing CKD now for a good few years. Have trained under quite a few different instructors over the years. Still having fun training and teaching. Rather stay a little anonymus though as I like the freedom to be able to say my true feelings on subjects without worrying what my fellow instructors think of my opinions ;-)

2. Getalifebud

Getalifebud Valued Member

Just might as well add that I train under Nigel Brophy. I quit Wado Kai, because firstly the guy that I carpooled with dropped out of it, since he felt belts took too long to get (second time It happened to me at Wado Kai). I tried another dojo that I could easily get to, but hated it, the dojo was smaller and the sensei was an unbearable jerk. Another friend of mine was a First dan black belt in Choi Kwang Do, so I joined where he went, and I am still going there.

3. ripface

ripface Pil Sung

Hi Getalifebud!

Welcome to CKD, I hope you find what you are looking for. I met Master Brophy when he was visiting Aberdeen for the Scottish Seminar, and I suspect he is a blast to train with, although I did not have the opportunity at the time.

Maybe next time I arrange a 'business' trip down south ..... hmmmm!!

Cheers and good luck with the training!

4. kickassholly

kickassholly New Member

Hey everyone

Been told by Mr Yates to come on here and formally introduce myself, but im not gonna write an essay like his!

Im currently a first degree orange tag at Royston, Herts CKD. My lovely Chief instructor is now also my fiance, Mr Simon Sparrow 3rd degree. (might i also note he was not my chief when we got together.... sort of?!) Oh well whos to stop loves young dream hey! Well anyway i am the Head instructor at the Royston club but i try to help out at Si's other schools, Hitchin& Stevenage when i can. 3 Schools is certainly a handful but i love being able to help Si out.

My goal is to reach 2nd dan so i can become an associate examiner and then perhaps due to health reasons may no longer be able to train, ive had Rheumatoid Arthritis since a young age and it gradually gets worse as i get older causing alot of pain during training - something i am still desperatly trying to get round! However there is sunshine on this story, as if i hadnt have started Choi i probably would be in a lot worse condition than i am now and it certainly does help me with my problem!

Anyway due to this i have no immediate plans to open a school solo but Simon and i may look at venturing out together towards Cambridge. When ive finished my degree of course.

Always enjoy talkin to fellow choi people so feel free to drop me a line on my msn and keep in touch!

Pil Sung

Holly Worland xxxxx

5. morphus

morphus Doobrey

HEYyyyyy there Holly, welcome to the board - enjoy!

6. thehaggishunter

thehaggishunter Aberdeen, Scotland

Pil Sung Holly ;)

7. jodavibe

jodavibe New Member

Pil Sung guys.

My name is Jody Wood, I train at West Heath CKD (Birmingham), currently Purple Belt Jnr AI. I've been training since September 2002 but had to take a break from 2005 until now (roughly a year) due to work commitments. I'm back now and loving it more than ever :)

8. greggy

greggy New Member

Hi - Just dropping in to 'formally' introduce myself..

I Am currently a lowly yellow belt (just graded at the weekend) but intend to get higher..

The reason for starting Choi was due to another member on here (KickassHolly). I used to work with here and she 'twisted' my arm to join up. I Did this at the same time as my stopping smoking regime.

I feel soooo much better for taking up Choi (and stopping the weed) and am currently loving every session ! (I have to say that as she may be watching ;) )

I try (when possible) to do two sessions a week at Hitchin and Royston (Both under the guidance of Mr Sparrow) to keep my hand in..

Thats about it for me at the mo - but am sure will have more to say as and when

StuartG

Pil Sung..

9. amiller127

amiller127 Chief Instructor

Poor thing. Having to work with Holly. Bad enough having her nag me on MSN :D

only kidding.

Welcome to CKD

10. greggy

greggy New Member

I used to get daily abuse at work, but now get dailly abuse via MSN when she is at uni..!!

Will be seeing her in class tonight....any messages to pass on...(he he he) ??

Cheers for the welcome BTW.. should be able tp ick up hints and tips etc from other people on here. :)

Last edited: May 5, 2006
  11. kickassholly

kickassholly New Member

Awww you two computer geeks together - how nice!

12. greggy

greggy New Member

Good Afternoon Holly.......;)

bren is also signing up so we have another computer geek in the ranks.. !

Last edited: May 5, 2006
  13. kickassholly

kickassholly New Member

hehe we will take over the world from herts ckd ;-)

Come on then pc geeks tell me why it says you have more posts than me and ive put more than yow on here?!

14. greggy

greggy New Member

Its odd that - In my profile it says I have made 1 post.........and Holly, you have made 0.....

I have clearly posted more than one, and am sure Holly you have done so too.

Odd, maybe the post counter is up the shoot....

15. kickassholly

kickassholly New Member

its bumped up to one now - wahoo!

16. Zekosan Jekura

Zekosan Jekura New Member

this isn't about getting the most posts, it's about introducing yourself, funny

Look, you are going way off topic, and the message was way too short to be even be considered as a post.
    :) :)

17. Ghoul

Ghoul your newest role model

hmm don't think i've acturly signed the check-in,

im a blue-snr and im currently only choi'ing in summer holidays since my uni is many miles from any choi schools

i go to the stevenage/hitchin school, run by Mr Sparrow

18. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

We're not supposed to do arm twists though theres plenty of it going on!!:cool:

19. banksy.69

banksy.69 New Member

Hi ppl,

I train down south under Derrick Bicknell, trained a couple times up in Surrey as well with Master Brophy.

Currently Brown belt A.I. and hopefully going for Black Belt sometime this year!

Anyone here train under Surrey or Hants CKD?

I'm also over to NZ in a couple of weeks to train in Auckland for 5 weeks :) can't wait! anyone training in Auckland atm? :)

Pil Suhng

20. JimiT

JimiT New Member

New to Map, and CKD

Hi, I'm James.

I'm new to MAP and to CKD. I'm living in Aberdeenshire and have been looking for a MA to take up. I think the best one I have found so far, (Bujinkan, SooYang Do, Karat also) I think CKD appeals to me most.

I like the idea of the art focusing on real self defence situations rather than competition fighting. I don't quite get how you can learn real self defence without sparring, but I am more than willing to try and find out.

I will most likely be training in Peterculter.

Can anyone tell me about that scandal that was surrounding CKD? I read a little, but it seems to be about the amount of belts or the price of them? Is there anything 'sketchy' about CKD?

I think it seems pretty sensible, and only maybe DSD (bad subject?) would suit me better. Anyway, hi MAP members and please give me any comments, within reason :p