CKD Check-in

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by LilBunnyRabbit, Dec 31, 2003.

1. amiller127

amiller127 Chief Instructor

Bunny. You have made the post all Sticky........... Ewwwwww :D

(Feel free to insert any immature comments here)

2. jdavies

jdavies New Member

Hi Guys though it was about time that I made my first post on MAP and what better place than in the choikwangdo forum! I'm not strictly a choi practitioner any more as I'm currently studying BJJ and MMA but I do pop back and and fore into my old choi club. I hold a brown tag grade in choi and have studied under many instructors including, Jamie Treharne and Dale Miller @ the Neath and Cardiff clubs in South Wales.

3. ripface

ripface Pil Sung

Hi JDavies,

Welcome to MAP! What is it with IT & MA? These forums seem to teem with IT personnel! Must be something in the water. Good luck with the cross training.

Cheers,
    Ripface.

4. morphus

morphus Doobrey

Welcome jdavies to MAP, i feel we must know each other??

& also all other newbies i may have missed welcoming.

5. jdavies

jdavies New Member

Hi morphus, yup we certainly do know each other I used to train in cardiff with you before you took over the class when jamie and then simon reynolds took it and I came up for a period after you kate started instructing it. You'll probably remember who I am if I say I also used to train in richies class in Neath as well.

6. morphus

morphus Doobrey

Well alright there mate - hows tricks? Had a feeling it was you.

Are you still training with Richie at all?

Get down to our class sometime, you're always welcome....See you sometime soon hopefully!

7. Saga Tunisia

Saga Tunisia New Member

Name - Saga Tunisia ;)
    CKD School - trained at Wembley CKD School under Mr Banfield, and then trained at Neasden CKD (UK)
    Rank - 1st dan
    Currently: 1st dan Taekwondo

8. Borrow3dtim3

Borrow3dtim3 New Member

Not long started

Name: Wendy and Cameron (son)

Train in Newtonhill under Mr and Mrs Macarthur

Lowly white senior at present

Loving it....

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  9. ripface

ripface Pil Sung

Welcome to MAP Wendy and Cameron,

If you train at Kingswells on a Friday, you may have bumped into my wife Lynda. White belt, soon to be WBSnr.

Good luck with the grading (not that you'll need it!), and I hope you both continue to enjoy your training.

10. hsdmauler

hsdmauler New Member

*Mauler*

Hi, Ive come to this forum because I done a search on google and my name appeared on one of your posts :)
    I trained in Choi (a very long time ago now) and was eventually the chief instructor at the Harrow club. I spent a little time in Atlanta and had the oppotunity to have a session with Grand Master Choi and at the time some of the top Choi people. I had done several forms of Martial Arts prior to my Choi training and like the progression of Choi.
    However as I always do, I soon started to question the reality of the techniques in a real situation.
    At the time I had also started work in the security field and basic door work. I decided to leave Choi (for both practical and political reasons) and sort out a number of reality based training methods, I then came across some first class UK self defence trainers and decided to train with them, I then started my own club and although in the beginning I still used some of the Choi striking methods they were eventually dropped.
    Eventually I decided to take my knowledge to the ring and cage for a reality check...I have fought in some of the UKs top events including: Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Fight Night and Ring Of Truth and now at 43 I judge at Cage Rage in Wembley.
    my job is now the head of security at a top London Magistrates court so it dosent take to much imagination that I need a good solid background in self defence.
    I think that Choi needs to progress if it is to become a viable Martial Art in the modern word, but it is possible....I leave the discussion open...

*Mauler*

11. ripface

ripface Pil Sung

Pil Sung!

Hi *Mauler*,

Welcome to the CKD Forum. It would be interesting to hear your views on how you feel Choi could progress, especially with your background experience of both Choi, and other disciplines. Why not start a new thread on the subject, and see where it goes .....

12. mancheeCKD

mancheeCKD New Member

Laurence : Dorking CKD : AI
    Also started studyng Aikido and Aikijitz at the sleeping storm dojo

Drum and Bass events and marketing - http://www.jungleravers.com

Last edited: Jul 29, 2005
  13. Taffy37

Taffy37 just blue

Just dropped in to say Hi
    Currently training in Crawley
    Purple Belt AI

14. morphus

morphus Doobrey

Welcome Taffy - A welshman in Crawley? Or just a nickname? What's the story Taffy from Crawley?

15. Taffy37

Taffy37 just blue

Hi Morphus

Originally From Newport in Gwent, hence a bit of an accent, being Welsh living in England the inevitable nickname I guess.

Moved this way, looking for the streets paved with gold I guess. Have settled in Banstead, not quite golden but not bad.

Started training under Darren Sawyer in Redhill, work commitments mean't putting any serious training on hold, so quite a period of inactivity.
    When I heard an old student of Redhill was opening his own school , figured I'd check in on old friends, and low and behold, hooked on the Choi high again.
    Any way enough of me for now.

Looking forward to some good advice, (and offering some where possible) and healthy discussions, if what I have read already is anything to go by,

Pil sung

16. Kami_no_ken

Kami_no_ken Valued Member

hi

Hi, Been watching the forums with interest but very few posts, think i'll start now lol, names Peter, first dan A.I at Southall/Greenford/Hayes west london. Started CKD for the stereotypical- i wanna kick ass! But now im enjoying teaching as much as training, so much so its even influencing my career path. One thing that gets me about this CKD forum is that it seems to just be somewhere for people to vent their anger at CKD but meh, hopefully I can help change that :Angel:

17. Getalifebud

Getalifebud Valued Member

Luke Alcott
    Woking
    White Belt

I have just moved over to Choi Kwang Do from Wado Kai, and loving it so far.

18. Zekosan Jekura

Zekosan Jekura New Member

That's cool, why did you change your mind to change your martial arts from wado Kai to Choi Kwang do? I'm Philip Kung, a blue belt choi kwang do student, under Dafyd Andrew Haase, Nova Scotia.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  19. redkickass

redkickass New Member

first post

training under Mr and Mrs Ellis at Choi Kwang Do Black Belt Academy in redhill

Going for the third Dan this month

Been training since last jan presently Green belt and recently become AI.

Very rewarding helping the kids and getting more tchnical info on the techniques

Pilsing

20. Taffy37

Taffy37 just blue

welcome to the fun factory :D

Look forward to your posts