Christmas Weigh In

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Freeform, Dec 28, 2002.

1. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Hey everybody, Christmas greetings to you all!

Over the christmas period it is a sad but true fact that most of us will train less over the festive fortnight, and our diets will also go out the window!

So its time to 'fess up, get on those scales and let us now the damage!

For me, a week in Grand Canaria and my mothers cooking have sent me to an all time heavy of 14.4stones/202lbs/91.8kgs and I aim to return to my fighting weight of14stones/196lbb/89kg. Really need to get under 90kg as I now class as a heavy weight!

Festive Cheer to you all

Colin

p.s Diet tip - Lay off the beer and just drink spirits ;)

2. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Fighting weight lol God knows what mine is or was or should be :p

I had 2 choices, carry on putting weight on and take up sumo, I choose the second which involves 2 weeks free membership at an expensive gym and shed a few pounds!

I'm around 14.5stone now, I think about 13.5 stone would be my ideal weight. Although i do feel better when I'm a bit heavier!

Vodka and diet coke, is a good drink, not the same as a pint of stella though :)

3. darlph

darlph New Member

won't admit to how much I weigh, but I am still losing a pound or two a month. And you are absolutely right about the training thing. Our classes have been cut for these 2 weeks because of the holidays, but those extra time we did add on Monday and Friday, I am so amazed at the adults who are not showing up. And the kickboxers are who knows where.
    But since they aren't there, I am getting brushups on my forms to test for my next belt without private lessons. Since I work there on my class nites I don't get a decent workout with the class but I do train some at home. And the bike I got for my birthday is helping my legs and taking the strain off the knees.
    And since I live alone and my family is nil, I have lots of leftovers when I do cook for the holidays. I still have a pie in the freezer for New Years I may thaw. And ham for sandwiches for the games.
    Have a great and Happy New Year!!

4. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

To be honest I was this weight before xmas, but the whole xmas excuse is just to good to pass over :p

5. KarateKid1975

KarateKid1975 New Member

I'm having a major "fat week!" My friend says "I'm having a fat day" when she "feels" fat. I did gain a little. I haven't trained in almost two weeks (dojang is closed), except for a sort one day training at my old dojang (when I visited home).

I ate so much junk food, plus my mothers cooking. I think I will take Freeforms advice: I will lay off the beer and drink spirits for a while. And diet for a bit.

6. fluffydoc

fluffydoc Carry On MAPper

It's now over 2 weeks since I trained or exercised, I did the Christmas eating thing, I've been on holiday for 1 week and I've lost 3 pounds! Does anyone else think this is weird?
    It's also kind of weird not having any bruises for this long...

7. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

finding it hard to type.......can't ...reach ...keyboard......stomach ...too...biggggg..

diet now closing...should be reaching me soon. i had better hide.

8. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I'm not weighing myself until Jan 2nd. If I don't top 14st I will be very disappointed :D (((Burp, hic, parp)))

9. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I'm 13.3 stone which means I've put on 3lbs over Christmas. Considering how much I've eaten and drank, I'm pleased. Oh, and its not fat, its relaxed muscle :D

10. Darzeka

Darzeka New Member

my weight has been floating between 90-95 Kgs for the whole year. Christmas doesn't really effect it as we don't serve meals just a table full of bits and pieces that I don't like much and so I end up not really eating.

Having withdrawrals from training tho, keep punching things at work more than I usually do.

11. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Well ... my weight saga starts last year ... around September.

I've always had some trouble with my knees and ankles ... nothing major and it didn't hamper my training. It just annoyed me, but I ignored it.

Around September of last year, they started getting worse. I chalked it up to aging and ignored it. Around Thanksgiving last year, I stepped on a scale (hadn't given my weight any thought for several years). I was about 290 lbs. (that's nearly 21 stone or 131 kg). I thought to myself, "Self, the knees and ankles problems aren't caused by the weight ... but it certainly doesn't help. These problems have now started affecting training ... can't do anything about the bum knees and ankles ... but the weight we can do something about."

So, I started cutting back. Nothing drastic. I cut out all my snacking and sodas between meals. I still drank soda with meals and would have desserts with meals. By March, I was down to about 260 lbs/18.5 st/118 kg.

Then I got a craving for my brownies. According to everyone who's tried them, I make the best chocolate brownies in the world. I thought, "Well, I'll bake a batch and eat it over the next week or so as desserts."

R-i-i-i-i-ight! I was like an addict falling off the wagon. I couldn't stop myself. I ate that entire batch ... and another the following night ... and another the next ... etc. I kept telling myself I wouldn't do it again ... but the next day, that craving would overcome me. It was insane. At the beginning of April, I was back up to 270 lbs/19 st/122 kg.

That's when I decided to try Slim-Fast. I bought some shakes and tried them. I found one that I actually liked, "Rich Chocolate Royale." Not only did it help me keep my calorie count down by replacing breakfast ... it also got that chocolate craving settled.

By the end of September, I was back down to 255 lbs/18 st/116 kg. My wife had been on Weight Watchers for about a year and had lost about 40 pounds. The program intrigued me ... but I've never been much of a "joiner." The whole support group part didn't really interest me ... I'll either do it or I won't, a support group won't change the outcome. But I downloaded an app for my wife's Palm that was a Weight Watcher's journal and had a calculator for determining the "points" that the program runs on. It's a pretty slick program. I looked at it and thought, "Cool. This is simple and straightforward and automatic. I can get in the habit of using this."

So I did.

I've had a few bad days, but overall, I've managed to stay within my points each day. Consequently, I'm now down to 235 lbs/17 st/107 kg ... the lowest I've been in 8 years ... and I'm still losing.

I'm pretty sure that my skeleton weighs about 180 lbs (half kidding ;) ) ... so I don't really expect to get below 200, but if I get to 220 or less, I'll be trimmer than I've ever been.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with myself :)

Mike

12. Cain

Cain New Member

Wow u guys r pretty heavy..... I mean I crossed 50 kg just yesterday :p

|Cain|

13. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

LOL ...

I'm 5'8" (~173 cm) and currently weigh 235 lbs (17 st/107 kg).

I haven't seen 50 kg since I was 13 or 14.

According to BMI charts, I'm "Severely Overweight" ... but those charts don't take into account muscle mass or bone density. If you've seen "Lord of the Rings" ... picture Gimli with a shorter beard and hair and that's pretty much what I look like.

I can certainly stand to lose some weight ... hence the diet :) Most people who are my height and weight, though, are "rotund" (i.e.: a sofa unto themselves).

But, I'm in pretty decent shape and well-proportioned. My resting heart rate is about 64 ... not Olympian, but better than average. I've got an 17.5" neck, 48" chest, 40" waist ... far from rotund :) And I've got very large bones ... I wear a size 13 ring and a size 12 pinky ring ... which, of course, means I have a very large ... glove ;)

And I'm pretty solidly built. So, the BMI always cracks me up because it's charted for people who are completely average in build ... which, of course, very few people actually are.

Mike

14. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

50kg?

I've taken bigger dumps than that LOL!

:p

15. fluffydoc

fluffydoc Carry On MAPper

Even my dinky girlie friends weigh more than 50kg! Are you sure that's right?!!

16. gingerninja

gingerninja Don't mock the sideburns

Ain't telling:D , besides I've been injured, that's me excuse and I'm sticking to it!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

Oof!

Up from 180lbs to 187lbs. I've cut down on soft drink. I did weigh 174lbs at one stage. =/

18. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

I'm down to 228 lbs now :)

Mike

19. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

Congrats, dude! :)
    Keep it up.

20. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

LOL ... that's the plan.

Although, I'm not sure how much I have left to lose. I've got very thick and dense bones and a fair amount of muscle mass.

But I don't think I'm done. Even if I don't lose any more, though, I'm in a much better place now than I was a few months or, especially, a year ago.

One of the really cool things is my heart rate. My resting heart rate was about 74 when I was 50 pounds heavier (74 is still a decent heart rate). Now it's down to about 65. It's pretty cool :)

Mike