Christmas Membership Giveaway

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by Simon, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Aegis has taken away the MOD biscuit tin and said he's not returning it until we organise an Xmas membership giveaway.

So this year you all get to nominate who you think should win a one year supporting membership and why.

You can't nominate yourself, as Hannibal gave you that option when he kindly gave away a year's subscription.

If there is an obvious winner then they'll get the membership. If not then maybe we'll give you the chance to pick from 2 or 3 people who are level.

This giveaway is a thank you to all who contribute and help MAP to grow.

You may have noticed that MAP had the most amount of people online in November this year and that is down to you supporting us here and on our other social media outlets.

So place your vote and reason why.

Simon.

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Philosoraptor, for his willingness to spend time edumacating us peasents with science facts.

3. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Seconded.

4. Simon

I'm going to vote for dunc.

I like his approach and open view when it comes to his art.

He never gets upset when questioned and always gives a structured and reasoned reply.

Valuable member, especially in and around the Ninjutsu forum and technique thread.

5. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Most the guys I'd vote for are already members or staff so I am going to go with Philosoraptor also. Knowledgeable and factual and haven't seen any bad behaviour that I recall.

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Knee_Rider or SFWC Ben

Both joined this year, both have been excellent contributors and both have a very rational view of martial arts.

Sorry, I couldn't pick just one.

7. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

Aaradia for the obvious commitment and input to the forum this year.

Fish of doom because of the quality of his posts which are highly informative, considered, and well balanced and thought provoking.

8. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Is the limit one nomination per person? Like Chadderz, I am having trouble deciding between two members.

9. aaradia

Thanks Tom! But as I learned in Hannibal's giving away of a membership, Topic Mod's get the benefits of a membership as a perk of being a mod.

10. Simon

Nothing wrong with voting for more than one.

11. aaradia

Then I vote for both Sifu Ben's.

Sifu Ben (Ben Gash CLF) has been a rock steady informative contributor to MAP since well before I became active.

SWCSifuBen has been a great addition to MAP this year.

Both give very realistic views of their primary arts. Both have lots of experience in other arts that add to said contributions. Neither cause problems or issues by not following TOS.

When I see either one has a post in a forum, I look forward to reading it - knowing it is going to be a quality post.

12. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

I too would like to nominate both Ben and Ben.
    They both bring very good knowledge and informed conversation to each thread they participate in.

13. Simon

What, I pay for mine. :cry:

Aegis better put some chocolate hob nobs in the biscuit tin when he gives it back*. :D

*If he gives it back.

14. aaradia

Simon, what is the deadline for people to submit their nominations by?

15. Simon

Let's run right up until Christmas eve.

The winner will wake up on Christmas day as a supporter and they'll be an announcement as to who it is in this thread.

16. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Everyone !!!

17. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

I appreciate all the nice things said about me but I would prefer it go to Chadderz. He puts his mettle to the test and I think he deserves it more.

Also since no one has mentioned him yet, Late for Dinner. He helped me out when I was at my wits end with an injury which was incredibly kind of him. Besides every squad needs a medic :D

18. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I agree with this, for exactly the same reasons.

I would also second the nomination for Chadderz. He has gone from, frankly, being a bit of a pain in the neck (and nearly getting himself banned - sorry Chadderz! :)) to a great and helpful member of MAP, and stepped up to the competitive level too.

19. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

LFD's done the same for me!

chadz and i were a terrible twosome that used to annoy the mods when we joined. and frankly he's still annoying :p
    He actually is very useful in threads, especially to noobs, because he's been through the struggle of not being naturally gifted but working damn hard

The choices are going to be very difficult for the mod team!

20. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Cheers but becoming less annoying is not cause for any reward, neither is competing more, as it doesn't have much to do with the forum (although the reverse omoplata is going to be one of my fondest memories for a long time).

Besides, I won Hamibals last year. Too much free stuff :p