Christian Rock

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by ncmartialartist, May 15, 2005.

1. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

whilst I can just about rationalise 'christian rock', there cannot be such a thing as christian punk,

2. iHeretic

iHeretic Not-for-Prophet

3. bomb_disneyland

bomb_disneyland New Member

You missed out Stryper :D

4. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Punk is about not non-compliance and a lack of respect for authority, whereas christianity is all about conforming and complying and respecting authority - the two movements are opposites,

5. kempo-kid

kempo-kid Warning Dangerous

Anybody remember these guys Bloodgood

KK

6. RobP

RobP Valued Member

Wasn't Jesus regard as a rebel in his day? The moneylenders? Arguments with the rabbis?

And if punk is about non-compliance why do so many of them wear the same clothes? Today's corporate sponsored stuff is nothing like Punk in the 70's

Last edited: Mar 9, 2006
  7. RobP

RobP Valued Member

Maybe it's something to do with the imagery most rock bands surround themselves with? Ozzy - the Prince of Darkness? Or the adolescent "satanic" posing?

8. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

This is a distorted view of Christianity. For an interesting historical read, check out "The Light and the Glory" by P. Marshall and D. Manuel. It traces the impact of Christianity on the founding of the US. Interesting how Christian revival (the Great Awakening) was largely responsible for unifying opposition to the British, and the 'revolt' against the Crown was centered in the pulpits throughout the colonies.

9. reel deel

reel deel New Member

in the words of Bart Simpson "Christian Rock Pah!Everyone knows that all the best bands are affiliated to Satan!"
    Rock is supposed to be about rebellion. yes Jesus was a rebel of his time, his brother James was even worse as head of the church of Jesus Christ he was a hardline Jew,and in the eyes of the roman overlords a terrorist.
    It was Paul who nearly had James arrested by the romans, and it was he who turned Christianity into something for the masses, by getting rid of circumcision (an act that Christ whole heartedly believed in!) and turning against James, James tried to have paul offed for this because it was all about bums on seats and how much was going onto the collection plate we call it racketeering now.
    However to the best of my recollection I believe that niether Jesus James or indeed Paul ever owned or played electric guitar!
    Satan the fallen Angel was a bigger rebel the all time original than Jesus could ever be, he went up against the man and got his butt kicked, but that's what makes him attractive to the outsider, the picked upon and the unquiet youth
    going back to when rock n roll was born, it was about Elvis shaking his sexual hips and Chuck Berry with his licks and great lyrics, and little richard the killer Jerry lee lewis sweating and howling, then later it was The beatles the stones Hendrix then metal came along with Sabbath, and Judas preist Kiss later on ACDC Twisted Sister, but all the satanic posturing comes from the very roots of th music from the Blues from the story of Robert Johnson selling his soul to the devil at a crossroads in order to play riffs that Clapton says you need a least four guitar players to replicate! then there was peetie wheetstraw the devils son in law, screaming Jay Hawkins who'd emerge from a smoking coffin carrying a skull.
    Its called Showmanship spectacle and talent, rock has always been about bad boys motorcycles booze drugs guitars dying young in a pool of your own vomit, hope I die before I get old. Punk was the same but some of it was political like the Clash, some of it was good time rock n roll like the ramones bless em it was designed to be subversive, I'm not talking about that horrible wimpy American Designer punk that the kids listen too I'm talking about the real stuff that began just before macdowel and westwood got a hold of it.
    It don't matter how you cut it I am afraid that Christian Rock is not Rock, its just Christian music designed to pull in kids who like the real stuff, and go "hey kids listen to this we can sound and play just like that other stuff you listen to"
    But wheres the SEX cause that's what Rock is all about, it comes from Rock and Roll which was black slang for sex, that what its always been about, sex and Booze and drugs and violence and the girl who has legs way up to here and knows how to use em.
    Mindless generic Rock, thank the devil for it, if you want to listen to a hymn like rock song God gave rock n roll to you is the nearest I go!
    Another thing a lot of the satanist rap that was hung upon rock bands back in the eighties was done so by Christian Terrorist groups (Same sort of people who bomb abortion clinics and beat young women who've had abortions or offer them money to keep the baby, even though having a child out of wedlock is also supposed to be a sin!) who felt threatened by rocks attitude, and so they started a propaganda campaign saying that there were backwards messages on many of the heavy metal albums, which was laughable because most bands would say exactly what they wanted to say, they didn't need to put on backwards messages, and no self respecting rock fan would dare ruin and expensive vinyl album by playing it backwards. I may even start a link that says exactly what Christian groups said about lots of different things back then, and how you'd put your soul in peril if you -----