Christian Based Martial Art

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Rojack79, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Is there any empty handed portion to divine sword style?

What grips do you use on the weapon? (e.g. half swording etc)

What is the type of sword its designed for?
    Do you take into account different sword types?

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Yes. Martial arts are generally born from necessity, not intention. In other words, the first fighting styles likely evolved when one proto-human started bashing others on the heads with a rock rather than just fists, then others worked out how to avoid and counter. Sword styles - legitimate ones, that is - arose along with the weapons because people were going out and actually using techniques. When a set of techniques proved useful, they were retained. Those practising poor techniques ended up dead, so eventually the better techniques started being distilled into distinct styles depending on which masters had survived the longest and had the most experience.

What you're doing is pulling techniques out of nowhere and trying to practice them without an experienced training partner, so consequently you get zero feedback on whether your fendente is well-targeted and aligned or doomed to bounce off the opponent's shoulder while leaving you wide open for a counter attack.

You can't practice this sort of stuff without decent feedback and expect to actually learn anything useful. You certainly can't just create a style out of nothing and expect it to actually be useful or respected.

3. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Am I the only one thinking over and over again: You don't have an art?

Yeah, serves me right for not reading further before posting.
    Of courseright the next post would say the same :eek:
    Very sorry!

4. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

1. Yes. The empty handed portion of divine sword style use's the hand's to grapple an opponent's weapon from there grasp as well as throw a few punch's, throw an opponent and it even include's foot strike's.

2. The grip's are, The Basic foreword grip, The reverse grip which is only used for a few strike's and is mostly a defensive grip. And of half swording.

3. It can be used with arming sword's, long sword's and great sword's.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  5. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

There are 7 salient points of Kami, No Ken, Sutairu.

GUARD’S.

The basic guard's of Kami, No Ken, Sutairu are broken down as follow's.

The High Guard's, These are meant to protect one's head and can be used to inflict fast downward strike's to the opponent's head and torso.

The Middle Guard's, These protect one's chest and allow one to attack from just about any angle with even efficiency. From this guard one can adopt a defensive stance to counter just about any strike sent at the torso, head and leg's.

The Low Guard's, These protect one's leg's and can also be used to employ sweeping maneuver's to trip an opponent and one can use the false edge of their blade to preform ascending strike's on the target.

STRIKE’S.

There are 4 type's of strike's in Kami, No Ken, Sutairu.

Descending Strike's with the true edge of the blade and the false edge of the blade.

Ascending Strike's with the true and false edge's of the blade.

Thrust's with the point of the blade to the head, chest, or leg's of the foe.

Bludgeoning Attack's with the sword's cross guard, pommel, and flat of the blade.

GRIP'S.

There are 3 Grip's to use in Kami, No Ken, Sutairu.

The Basic Grip, with one or both hand's on the handle used for maximum leverage of the blade to preform various strike's, thrust's, block's, and Perry's.

The Reverse Grip, use with one hand to guard against unexpected attack's and used for a slash and stab attack.

The Half Sword Grip, used with one hand on the hilt and the other on the blade just in front of the cross guard. Using the sword this way allow's the user to have better point control for thrusting attack's and allow's a great sword user to use there sword to bat away enemy spear's. This grip can also be used with both hand's on the blade in order to use the pommel, hilt and cross guard as a bludgeon.

UNARMED COMBAT.

There is only one unarmed handed technique in Kami, No Ken, Sutairu.

The open hand, using this style of unarmed combat one can grapple an opponent to the ground and disarm them of any weapon they may have as well as throw there opponent into anyone or thing.

MIND.

The Practitioner of Kami, No Ken, Sutairu must have a calm focused mind to fight to there fullest extent. In order to do this one must spend time in meditation and prayer in order to bring there mind in harmony with the holy spirit's will.

BODY.

The Practitioner of Kami, No Ken, Sutairu must train there body to fight for hour's on end in order to gain the fullest benefit from Kami, No Ken, Sutairu. In order to reach this level of fitness one must start there training by doing a set of Push up's, Pull up's, Sit up's, crunch's, and a mile of running. One should do these exercise's every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, alternating between exercise's every other day.

SOUL.

In addition to the mind exercise's listed above in order to kindle the soul of the practitioner of Kami, No Ken, Sutairu, one must study there religious scripture's every night just before they go to bed. One must also follow the commandments of Christ and not indulge in the seven deadly sin's.

These are the salient points of The Practitioner of Kami, No Ken, Sutairu.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

What utter tosh

All copied from other sources, no basis in any actual application

Get a job and go train

7. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

The rapture approaches. To arms!

8. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

So any more question's? Relevant, constructive, and respectful question's?

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Everyone else is humoring you - I am doing you the courtesy of being honest

The chances of you ever producing a video are zero so I fail to see any reason to entertain your delusions

10. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

At this point, all will be known by the video you will put up or will make excuses to not put up.

If you don't put one up, we will know for a fact you are indeed trolling.

If you do, whether you are under an illusion/ delusion or truly divinely inspired will shown by the quality of what you show us. There are many experienced MAists on here who can tell if what you produce is legit or not.

How long until you can put a video on here? Please give us an estimate.

BTW, I asked several polite questions which you haven't answered.

11. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

A complete n00b I can understand giving answers like that but not someone who is supposed to be founding their own system, never mind the whole divine inspiration thing.

Do yourself a favour go and do Judo.

12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Wushurichard? Is that you?

13. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Wushurihard... Wushu, now that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time...

14. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I intensely dislike people proselytizing by (mis)using martial arts. It is a bait and switch IMO. Something is wrong with your religion if it doesn't stand up and attract followers on its own merits and needs MA to get people to follow it.

A religion should be strong enough to attract members on its own merits. And not need to bring people in through the coolness factor of MA's.

Not to mention this is inconsistent with this bible quote- Isiah 2:4 (according to Google) which doesn't seem all too fond of swords. Although frankly, with all due respect to the Christian members of MAP, the Bible seems to be rife with inconsistency IMO.

15. Dean Winchester

Rojack,

Btw there is no soul.

Or spoon.

16. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I'm stepping way out on thin ice here, as I'm not exactly a biblical scholar but ... I think the passage quoted is making reference to a short-lived period of disarmament - either regionally or globally - that was thought to be on the horizon.

I could well be off my head and I'm too lazy/busy with other things to do the research.

None of which has any bearing on [​IMG]'s claim to fame ;)

Inconsistent? Consistently inconsistent. Reflection of the mores and thinking of the times.

17. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I has a strong sus that Opie might not be familiar with your reference

[​IMG]

18. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Pride (Latin, superbia), or hubris (Greek), is considered, on almost every list, the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins: the source of the others. It is identified as believing that one is essentially better than others, failing to acknowledge the accomplishments of others, and excessive admiration of the personal self (especially holding self out of proper position toward God); it also includes vainglory (Latin, vanagloria) which is unjustified boasting.

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins

You think comparing what you're doing to other's hard-earned skills might fall into the definition of pride somewhat?

Go train with people who know what they're doing, and God will give you a lesson in humility :)

:dunno:

19. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Depending on my home life the video should be up my the end of this weekend. And if i cant get it up this weekend then i will shoot for sometime next week. And i will go back and find your question's for answering.

20. Dean Winchester

Take your time if getting it up is a problem, no point in you putting on a poor performance because you are stressed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.