Choy Lee Fut in Newcastle

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Spasmolytic, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Spasmolytic

Spasmolytic New Member

Hey, I was in Newcastle a while ago and saw a Choy Lee Fut class in the chinatown area. I wondered if anyone here goes as I am thinking of moving to Newcastle and it sounds like the most interesting of the kung fu styles available there.
    What days and times are the classes etc?

Thanks

2. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

PM Chimpcheng, I think he studies there.

3. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Sifu Edmung Ng is the head master of the school,it has been running in newcastle since the 1970s(not sure the exact date) i trained there in my younger days,sifu ng is a great teacher and has produced some very good students over the years( hi alan,jerry and sid) im unsure who teaches there now but it a very authentic choy lee fut class,over the years i have had some very hard workouts(muay thai amongst them) but i have never done anything as hard as trying to get a long choy lee fut form correct with speed power placement etc! imho a great club and a great style :)

4. Mano Mano

Mano Mano Dirty Boxer

fire cobra
    You must bee a very old student of Sifu Edmund Ng if you trained with Alan, Jerry & Sid they're my si-hing's & I’ve been with Sifu on & off for 25 or 26 years, just out of curiosity with your reference to muay thai, can I ask if you live in the Darlington area

5. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

i live in newcastle area ,never knew there were any training gyms or anything in china town .

i train in Wing Chung with sifu John Agar

6. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Yes, I study/teach/punch my friends there.

Pop along and have a look if you haven't already, if you were around Chinatown yesterday you will have soon us perform the Lion Dance, Dragon Dance and martial art demos as part of the New Year celebrations.

We have beginner classes on a Monday and Wednesday (at around the 5.30 6pm mark) at the Chinese Association. Ask for a guy called Johny, you can't miss him, he has arms like tree trunks and tell him I sent ya (My name is Earl, I mean David).

Sundays are kinda informal with a mix of juniors and high ranking seniors. It used to be invite only as it's the senior class because you WILL get hurt but it's all the fun of the fair. :D

Mano Mano is my big Si Hing and is essentially a walking encyclopedia.

Pop along and have a look.

7. gek

gek New Member

Hi , I don't recognize fire cobra and mano mano lol but I will know you iam Gerry