choy lay fut v bagua

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by icefield, May 29, 2014.

1. Vegeta

Vegeta Hmm I love my girlfriend

I agree to this, but I think a lot of people try to make it more than it is.

Sometimes, less is more, I have this opinion about most things.

Maybe I'm wrong but then again it wouldn't be the first time, but I'm never claiming to have ultimate knowledge. I just try to be honest.

2. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

I agree totally and I stick to that even more today then I did when younger, im getting to old for theatricals I keep it real.

3. Vegeta

Vegeta Hmm I love my girlfriend

Also to mention, Buk Sing originally had three hand forms, my teacher forgot two of them and we never learned the one he remembered until we rose up through the ranks (e.g. basically completed the system).

We did however learn one of the short "combat forms" which is closer to the side of shadow boxing (but still not) than a traditional hand form. The good thing about this one is there are no exaggerated movements for any of the techniques, so one particular thing it trains you is how to chain movements together.

Obviously it's not necessary but in terms of teaching a beginner or a young kid how to "move stylistically," it's not too bad.

I like foundational/structure building forms like Sanchin/San Zhan, the Hakka stuff you find in Lung Ying/SPM, and I guess I like some Hung Ga stuff despite this Sharif Bey situation. However, building foundation and isometric exercises, dynamic tension etc. don't actually develop fighting skills.

Cheers

-Marcus

4. lkfmdc

lkfmdc New Member

5. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

People will always try to cut your head off to make themselves seem taller.