[Choi Kwang Do] Patterns Protocol

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by unsure, Jul 10, 2003.

1. unsure

unsure New Member

I have a question,

I am a yellow belt senior and have already been shown the gold senior pattern as i have been on (yellow Senior) for a while now and not grading for another 4 weeks

so when we do patterns in class - we are told to do our highest belt pattern - I do the Yellow Senior one as that is my current belt level.

However, I also train at another school in the area as a guest and one of the students there is also yellow senior, but when asked to do highest belt patterns, does the gold senior pattern.

Am I right to observe protocol and continue to do the yellow senior ?

2. Stuart Rider

Stuart Rider Valued Member

Patterns

That really dpends on the instructor.
    If you are not to sure ask the Chief instructor or one of his AI's before the class.

Do not be afraid to ask your instructors questions, especially when you are a low grde/ belt level. Its the only way you will learn the way they like doing things.

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Practise the one you are getting graded on next. Its no good having a fantastic gold senior pattern if the Yellow senior pattern you're grading on isn't up to scratch.

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

4. morphus

morphus Doobrey

Never be afraid to ask the instructor, he'll tell you which one he wants you to do.
    There's nothing wrong with practicing higher tech's or patterns as long as you know your individual tech's & pattern to a good standard, for this is the pattern you'll be asked to demonstrate at your grading.

BEWARE - of copying the person next to you as they might not always have it correct! They may just be doing the wrong one without realising.

Protocol dictates that you do your individual pattern when ask for.

Welcome to the forum!:)

5. amiller127

amiller127 Chief Instructor

You do your individual pattern in the grading. Technically you shouldn't be doing the next pattern up yet, but if you have been shown it, you wont be asked to grade on it.