[Choi Kwang Do] Choi Kwang Do

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by LilBunnyRabbit, Jun 29, 2002.

1. amiller127

amiller127 Chief Instructor

60 More posts and we can pass 500 posts. Come on guys. Lets send this thread out with a bang. Lets get 500+ posts

:D

Quick Jimmy. Say something to annoy the TMA and MMA people so we can break 500 :)

2. amiller127

Happy Birthday to Grandmaster Choi and Choi Kwang-Do today!!!

Grandmaster Choi is 62 and Choi Kwang-Do is 17 years old today.

I just love the first few days of March. St Davids day on the first and GMC's and Choi Kwang-Do's birthday on the second. Lots of reasons to go out and celebrate!!

:D

3. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

I've got a small snippet of it on my hard drive somewhere, but it ain't pretty.

Try a search for an old thread called 'The Power of Chi' ;)

4. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Hmm, here's a bit of it-

As for the CKD stuff, I really don't care about this group.
    They are of NO importance to me.
    I was only playing with them to amuse myself, yet you insult your own Master in defence of them!

*I don't speak for Master Yau, but if anything, I believe he would only be insulted that one of his higher grades could be so disrespectful to other Martial artists

Within Chinese martial arts the concept of family has always been paramount.
    Yet you insult the father of our style.
    So you insult your own Sifu,
    so you insult all your kung fu brothers,
    and least of all, you also insult me.

*Damn, I forgot to insult the Shaolin Temple and the rest of China while I was at it.

You ended an email to me calling me your kung fu brother.
    I THINK NOT!

*Like it or not, I acknowledge that Colin is a brother within the Lau Gar system. I expect that I probably won't get a Christmas card now though.

After your comments I think you should get your **** down to the local CKD class, and enrole on their 6 month conversion programme.
    Maybe then you will find happiness, and an end to your bitterness towards Lau Gar.

*Colin was upset by a comment made against his Martial Art. The comment would never have been made if he had been polite or considerate to CKD student in the first place. Incidentally my own Sifu showed me what I believe to be the one finger technique referred to in CKD students post. ( Does that mean I get a belt? )

I will not comment on this, or any other point made by you in the future, as you are obviously not part of the Lau family.

*The forum will no doubt miss our interaction greatly!

The '*' indicates my responses.

It all kind of started with this guy being rude about Choi Kwang Do.
    I was in the same style as the guy, and just said hey, for what it's worth, Master Choi could probably kick Master Yau's butt.

There wasn't a moderation policy at the time, so I deleted the thread to put an end to it.

5. amiller127

sounded like a fun thread. Had to have been good for you to save some of it on your HD.

6. wcrevdonner

wcrevdonner Valued Member

Where is the original post? Looks like fun!! Im sure someone must have it...

7. haydoll

haydoll New Member

cud u help me?

hey im sorry 2 bother all of you but could anyone tell me Black Belts speed drill? i know i should know it but i havn't been to CKD n a while due to an injury and we're talking a long time. i hurt my leg not long after my Black Belt grading but i didn't learn my speed drill and i am going back 2 CKD soon but i don't want 2 look stupid not knowing it.

i think its along the lines of
    switching kick fake punch, front kick, rear punch, front punch, dodge front punch, swing kick, spinning side kick, rear punch dodge rear punch.
    i would check on the website but i have 2 pay my new membership as it ran out.
    plz help if you can.
    thankyou.
    xXx

8. morphus

morphus Doobrey

Speed drill for Il Dan...

Cross step (Same time - Front hand fake punch) Front kick, front inward punch, rear inward punch, dodge, rear inward punch, rear leg Front Kick.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2005
  9. haydoll

haydoll New Member

thanx! sorry abou that.

10. hoffckd

hoffckd New Member

Actually it's Cross Step (same time-Front Hand Fake Punch) Swing Kick, Front Inward Punch, Rear Inward Punch, Dodge, Rear Inward Punch, Rear Leg Swing Kick, Spinning Side, Front Knife Strike, Rear Inward, Dodge, Rear Inward, Rear Leg Swing. Good Luck

11. morphus

morphus Doobrey

OK - This actually copied from the sylabus page on the member section of the international website...

Il Dan Speed drill

Cross Step (same time - Front Hand Fake Punch) Front Kick, Front Inward Punch, Rear Inward Punch, Dodge, Rear Inward Punch, Rear Leg Swing Kick, Spinning Side Kick, Front Knife Hand Strike, Rear Inward Punch, Dodge, Rear Inward Punch, Rear Leg Front Kick.