chloe bruce sparring

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by musical forms, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musical forms

musical forms Valued Member

i was wondering has any one seen chloe sparring in any videos
    is there any evidence of her sparring ? or doing traditional forms or broad breaking ,or even weapons spar i never seen that at all . is she under impression she hurt some one in sparring is why she don,t spar
    all kicks are sky high not practical kicks that can be used

also i was wondering what she get paid for like she always in magazines and adverts ,and commercial ,even modeling jobs, i am wondering how does she get employment ?

i have never seen were traditional tang soo do uniform or even talking about tang soo do or her coaches or her friends that do tang soo do with her no photos of class training or class photos its photos of herself and movie stars and stunt people not much else .what club does she train for ?what does she were WTF uniform when she is not with wtf taekwondo?

she has same routine for the la st 10 years same kicks all the time nothing new

is she good example for martial artist i am just wondering ?

i am very confused

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

You're called musical forms and you have a problem with Chloe Bruce?!

3. musical forms

me no i am just wondering how she does it.
    but she is not practical have never seen her board break and how did she become such success. i like musical forms there fun but all fun.

4. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

You're looking at the whole crux of the XMA/creative forms phenomenon though. Yes it's physically impressive on a certain level, but it's not about martial ability.

5. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I wouldn't be using board breaking as my measuring stick for what is practical or not.

6. musical forms

ok board braking bad example how about light contact sparring is more practical is that better example. but have you seen compete in sparring and from what i know of tang soo do they points system not continuous sparring like itf taekwondo .

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Haha...sorry to be so picky but I wouldn't be using light contact sparring to determine what is practical either. :)

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I've known Chloe for a very long time. She has never really been involved in sparring. Nor has she claimed to be. You'll find she will be the first to admit this. Chloe has made creative forms her niche. She was selected at age 15 to represent the WKA GB Squad at the world championships. She won. Since then she's gone on to become one of the best competitors in the world.

She can do traditional forms and she does them very well. But vertical kicks and flips are her specialty, and what she enjoys doing, so that is why most videos you will find are of her competing in that division. She holds a 4th Dan in Tang Soo Do so she has to perform traditional forms to reach that rank. She trained with Nicole Berwick's father. Nicola is another creative forms competitor and now a stuntwoman. Emma Elmes was a fellow student and, unsurprisingly, was a creative forms champ who now does stunt work. You can get in contact with Chloe's instructor via the UK Tang Soo Do Federation if you doubt her credentials.

Anyway, on to some specifics of your post.

No. Of course not. This assumption is beyond silly.

They're not designed to be practical. But they can be if you spend enough time training them. A vertical hook kick from clinching range is one of my most successful counters.

1) Chloe is attractive.
    2) Chloe has a long employment history as a successful sports model. Clients kinda find that appealing, y'know?
    3) Can you find anyone else who can kick like Chloe? Didn't think so.

She's on Facebook. She responds to fan questions. Why not ask her to post "old school" photos (which she has already done in the past anyway).

She is heavily involved in the media industry. She's trying to promote herself to the business. Those pics are almost like testimonials from previous clients. Plus she keeps her large fan base updates on what she's doing. Because let's face it if you were doing what Chloe is doing wouldn't you post pics like that?

She has been freelance for a long time and hasn't done a traditional TSD class for a while. Doesn't mean she can't claim she's a 4th Dan though because she earnt it.

Again, she's a sports model. She gets hired by various clients (production studios, martial arts catalogues etc) to wear WTF TKD uniforms. I can't think of a time she's ever claimed to be a TKDer though.

If you watched her even occasionally you will see how she has progressed over the last decade. Spiral kicks, cartwheel to axe kick, 540 hook kicn, 720 hook kick - all techniques she didn't do 10 years ago. But again, can you do even half the stuff she can?

She is talented, hard working, down to earth, and putting martial arts in the public eye. Of course she is a good example.

Now stop being jealous and go train.

9. musical forms

i am not jealous but curious. any way i prefer Katie Taylor as role model since she is gold metal Olympic boxer world champion
    i like freestyle its fun to watch but the girls i know all sparring champions and trad forms champions .i know no Irish free forms people and who make living out it.
    that why i am curious,

thanks for info

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  10. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Don't you think you've answered your own question? She's paid to be a model, performer, spokesperson, etc. I don't regard what she does as being martial art in particular, but it's clear she's worked very hard to be where she is. It's not like she magically gets paid for standing about.

So?

She's making a decent living doing something she loves. We should all have that problem. So what have you done lately?

Martial arts are a broad study. She's a good example to trickers, XMA types, and martial arts-inspired performers. But if that's not your cuppa, then no, probably not a good example to you.

None of which detracts from what she does. I'm not a fan. But she doesn't need me to be. So everyone wins.

11. musical forms

what i have done lately i became teacher assistant and job hunting.

12. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Both of which are worthy occupations. But you do see why it's somewhat ironic that you simultaneously point out all the stuff she's doing and that she's just doing the same stuff over and over again.

Clearly, she's hit on a formula that works for her. Why would she change it up?

13. Wildlings

Wildlings Baguette Jouster

Because then we all poor noobs would take comfort for not being able to kick like her :cry: :p

14. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You might want to work on your grammar if you are intending to make that more permanent endeavour

As for Chloe, she has a skill and she is getting paid for using it - good on her

15. musical forms

so why did she lose in 2012 Irish open last year in Dublin. if its working for her .
    i like nikki berwick she brilliant.i have seen her free form million times it same one over and over again if you read you tube comments a lot of people have said the same .its not just me who have said it . may be its because i come from Ireland some one making money from over kick over head it would not take off in Ireland like it has in England.i have never known any one to make money from it.

16. Hannibal

Muhammed Ali lost fights - would you suggest he cannot box because of this?

You have a real issue here that you can't articulate or explain properly, and it's getting quite irritating. Chloe is getting paid and succeeding with a physical skill. What's wrong with that?

I guarantee I would look at what YOU do and criticize it in terms of combat application as it would apply to my personal paradigm...but you are not doing it for me are you? You don;t like what she does? Nor do I - but I am not going to decry here for making a living off it

Salt that chip on your shoulder then eat it

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  17. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

There are no Irish martial artists making money from it because there are no Irish martial artists good enough to make money from it.

18. Hannibal

Randy Couture - not the best MMA fighter but making a lot of money in movies
    The Rock - not the best wrestler but making a lot of money in movies
    Gina Carano - not the best MMA fighter but making a lot of money in movies

The list goes on

19. Hannibal

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9e29n1i7jM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9e29n1i7jM[/ame]

This looks impressive to me - not practical, but very impressive

20. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Because she doesn't train to fight. Simple as that.

She gets paid for aesthetics. Not combat. It's not complicated.

So how much would she have earned for winning that Irish open? I'll bet it was a good deal less than she makes doing what she does well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.